Neohomes 2.0

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Iggy

Re: Neohomes 2.0

Post by Iggy »

I wouldn't have minded the marking if they didn't SHRINK THE DAMN ITEMS.

My main pet peeve is really, the items look tiny compared to non furniture, and it sucks majorly.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I think if it was just in your inventory that you could see whether an item would work in 2.0 Neohomes or not, it would be very difficult for anyone wanting to buy furniture, and it would make it easy to scam people by saying they were compatible when they weren't. I'm glad they didn't just leave it like the wearables- they're a bit different, because there are fewer of them and they're much more easily identifiable, and the vast majority of clothing items released before customisation can't be worn and probably will never be made wearable.

Having said that, it doesn't look so good on gallery pages- I guess it would be better if they could make a version of the item image without the logo just for galleries where it doesn't matter about the item's properties.

You'll just have to hope that all furniture items are made compatible and then they won't need the logo any more. Or that they develop an icon system which isn't in the actual item image- that could be very useful, a little bar below each item image listing what you can do with it with appropriate little logos: play with it, read it, eat it, wear it, put it in your Neohome or use it in the Battledome.
Neopets wishlists: here
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Or you know, descriptions.

Some of my favorite items (Plastic Lenny is one) are well, ugly and shrunken.

You see, I PLAY Neopets for the items. I don't give a shit about my pets, seriously, so it's as bad as Version 2 of the site for some of you. I could just go and sell the furniture I have in my gallery, but that would be horrible for me to do. :(

Hopefully they'll find something to make me happy again.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

:sigh: And now my ambition to win a Neohome spotlight has been dashed forever. :-(

I suppose I should be grateful they let me keep my old Neohome (now confirmed in the Editorial) though I suspect this means there will never be any classic Neohome furniture made again.