Paint Questions for a Shoyru.

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.
Anna the Red

Paint Questions for a Shoyru.

Post by Anna the Red »

So, back on Neo. How about that. I've had some more free time lately and have found myself missing it. I've been messing around with my account since I got back, wanting a bit of a change. That said:

First off, http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Lishii This is Lishii. He was the first pet I ever created, was lost to a scammer, and then deleted. I recreated him. I've been meaning to paint him for a while anyway, and I think he's really my next priority for expensive purchases.

He's a gentle soul, very mature, kind and wise. He tends to keep quiet in most situations, not because he's shy, but because he's listening. When I write up his story, I'm thinking of including a whole bit about him being a monk or something.

Here's what I've narrowed it down to:

Electric. Doesn't really suit his personality as much as I would like, but it's incredibly cool.

Desert. Because he's quite wise, I figured this was pretty appropriate. It's a sort of sage looking character, and I've always had a soft spot for desert pets.

Starry. I don't know why, but I just looked at it and thought it was pretty well-suited to him.

Gold. I think this one is just because he was my first pet, and I want him to stand out.

So, what do you guys think?
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Re: Paint Questions for a Shoyru.

Post by lavender »

Out of those four, I like Electric the best. However, I agree that it doesn't go with his personality. I'd go with Starry :)
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Madge

Post by Madge »

Hmmm, perhaps you could paint him desert, then electric, and throw the desert clothes on top of the electric?

Just a thought.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I was thinking that same thing, but it would be pricey. :P
Madge

Post by Madge »

Well, if we want to be cheap about it, zap shoyrus for desert, then steal their clothing :P.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Desert for sure, it is wise, it stands out, you can just use the base colour sometimes if you want which is kind of like gold.

It is the most expensive of them all, so it will stand out, and as you said, you like desert pets.

Plus for a monk to go out into the dessert to meditate etc and then 'come back' (him being stolen from you and then recreated) I think that it fits beautifully.

Good luck and I hope that you are happy with whatever you choose.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

Hm, even though I don't mind saving, I like the idea of buying him one colour and then adding the desert clothes on top. I'll have to think about it.

And Bif, I do like your idea of him meditating in the desert. I hadn't thought about it! It sounds neat.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

It seems from your donation thread reply you're going for the Desert-Electric combo. I think it will look very nice. :) Just remember to do Desert first so you get the clothes. I'm always paranoid that someone I know (or myself if I tried) will lose track of the sequence and end up spending a million NP more than they need to.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Fjorab_Teke wrote:It seems from your donation thread reply you're going for the Desert-Electric combo. I think it will look very nice. :) Just remember to do Desert first so you get the clothes. I'm always paranoid that someone I know (or myself if I tried) will lose track of the sequence and end up spending a million NP more than they need to.
QFT. This happened to me when I was making a striped-desert kyrii combo.. wanted the desert kyrii accessories, but painted her striped first. Then had to paint her desert. Then striped. It was annoying e_e
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

I could definitely see myself doing that, especially as I'm not really used to the whole clothes thing yet.

I haven't settled 100% on the Desert/Electric Combo, but it's my favourite right now, just because it looks so damn cool. I've still got quite a bit of NP to earn, so I figure I'll be set on what want by the time I get the money for it.