Orange and Robot Xweetoks

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
varii

Orange and Robot Xweetoks

Post by varii »

ImageImage

I don't like how Xweetoks always have those black stripes. I think it looks particularly bad with the Orange. Robot does not work for me. It looks way too space-man. The back legs look weird, like they are too small to support the body. Eh.
rei @ neopets
orangebroccoli
Human Avatar: 200738

Re: Orange and Robot Xweetoks

Post by orangebroccoli »

Dang, someone beat me to it. xD

The robot just looks......odd. It doesn't even look that great honestly.

Orange is actually quite nice! Simple, yet cute, IMO.

VERDICT ON XWEE DAY: Ehhhh....they coulda done MUCH better with the Robot.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Orange is another example, like white, of where the pet might have looked a lot better if it kept the brown and used the orange as a highlight. Besides, then it'd be the colors of my Alma Matter (Bowling Green - orange and brown, lovely school colors).

Robot sucks, and I hate it, and I'm disappointed, and as a xweetok fan i feel screwed :<

I do however love the muff that was released and really want it for Kaigiri xD
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Orange is okay. Robot on the other hand... I hate it. Very much. It's about as bad as the tyrannian kyrii. It looks like some kind of weird bath toy or something. If anyone gets one, I'd be interested in seeing what it looks like underneath, though. It might actually have a positive. Somewhere...
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I saw that Xweetok day was late in the News (debuting today instead of on the 29th) It almost makes me feel like they forgot to release some colors, and they just made this crap up at the last minute. Neither looks like it had the slightest bit of effort, and I echo what everyone else has said about both colors.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Wow, I'm suprised that everyone hates robot. I don't think it's the greatest robot pet ever, but it's nice enough considering what they can do.
NeonDragonfly

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Orange is orange, just plain and simple though I like the dark orange colour. Rather nice.
Robot does look rather odd, the helmet looks awkward the colours are nice though.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Usul_Princess wrote:Neither looks like it had the slightest bit of effort
How much effort do you expect from orange? It's a colourfill, it's as colourfilly as any other generic colourfill. What did you want to see.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Robot's fist looks like it is pointing fingers to shoot lasers @ someone.

I want to see what it looks like without the casing :D
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

EofS wrote:
Usul_Princess wrote:Neither looks like it had the slightest bit of effort
How much effort do you expect from orange? It's a colourfill, it's as colourfilly as any other generic colourfill. What did you want to see.
Heheh, I don't know. I just remember almost all xweetoks only had their fur line colored in, and not the entire body. (like usuls do with the ruff). Sometimes that's not the case though:

Image <------(That's the colorfill I was expecting. Though for the sake of not wanting to be such a wiseass, I don't think my comment would've been worded any differently.)
Xweetoks were hands down, the best colorfill and one of the better redrawn pets. They were so popular when they first were released. Perhaps, too popular. I want to fall in love with this pet again. Their redraws were something I looked foward too because their basic artwork was very good, yet so simple in design. I hate the fact that a pet that could've been as popular as the kougra if it were released in a reasonably closer timeframe, didn't have a chance to "thrive" before customization. The only xweetok to escape the nightmare that is customization is faerie, and I resent that such a popular species is garbage now because of a fist, a mishapen mouth, and upright posture. I feel like xweetoks were an easy pet to modify, and now there...nothing.
Last edited by Usul_Princess on 03 Dec 2008 02:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
baka_boy_911

Post by baka_boy_911 »

I am HORRIBLY disappointed with the robot xweetok. As a lover of ALL robo colours (so far), my opinion for this is that they tried to hard to make it look futuristic, with bright colours and round corners. The colour schemed does not flow.

As for the Orange colour i don't mind it. Simple, yet says orange coloured pet all over it.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I really like the Robot and I can't wait to see what it looks like without the head casing.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Usul_Princess wrote:Heheh, I don't know. I just remember almost all xweetoks only had their fur line colored in, and not the entire body. (like usuls do with the ruff).
I think you're mistaken. The pink was the only colourfill to do that (well, and the brown obviously). Personally I'm of the opinion that that is far lazier than recolouring the whole pet (something I've always disliked about usuls and korbats too). Then again, if it's what's been decided as the species standard then it's not exactly lazy, even if it might not be to my taste.

I'm not quite sure what the rest of your post has to do with your point though. How does your opinion of the current body shape have any baring on whether or not a colourfill is lazy. I don't like the new xweetok either, but I can still appreciate the orange one as good if you do like xweetoks because I can see it has a nice colourscheme, and I think the black stripes look nifty with the orange. Although I do think the main body colour could be a little more orangey, as right now it looks a bit close to the yellow wocky colour.
Louboutins

Post by Louboutins »

I do think the main body colour could be a little more orangey, as right now it looks a bit close to the yellow wocky colour.
I totally agree. I thought it was way yellow when I first saw it. But then someone commented on how they liked the dark orange, and I thought it must just be my screen..

I kinda prefer the idea of just recolouring the ruff, too.

As for robot, I don't really hate it that much. I'm not a fan of robot, but I think this is cute and compact. Though, I would LOVE to see it without that helmet on.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Robot isn't poorly drawn, it just looks like a Xweetok in a space suit. They should've renamed the color "Astronaut."