Revamped Chibi Devonti

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Revamped Chibi Devonti

Post by lavender »

New Image
Old Image

So, not a real big difference. I think the old one was fine, though. :? I don't own one and don't plan on owning one, so I don't care that much. :P
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
firost-the-dragon

Re: Revamped Chibi Devonti

Post by firost-the-dragon »

i think the old one was better, but this one has more REALISTIC shading. it must've been a pain in the royal kiester to make devontis. XD
see this picture and more at http://www.darkpidgeot10.deviantart.com . this is by ME!!!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I love how Arbor's just been updating the shading and such and not changing the poses, gives me faith that some other pet redraws will follow the same.
The new Devonti is really cute, I love how soft its fur looks.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I really like that the ears are the same. And the bottom line, especially, of the old one needed to be redone. It's better now. The shaping of the fur near the front is a bit odd, to me, but it's overall a nice change.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I like the contrast of light and dark shading on the old one, but the new one looks very nice. Like Lavender said, it's not a pet I ever planned on owning, so it doesn't bother me.
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Maybe I'm just missing something, but... I fail to see how by any stretch of imagination this is considered an improvement. I had to do a double take because to me, it looks like it should be the other way around, with old being the new one and new being the old one.

Let's see. They relined, but kept nearly the exact same lines. They removed some detail, made the shading less obvious (making it look flat to me), and totally butchered the face. :/ The eyes are really scary now. This used to be one of my favorite pets on the site (the only reason I don't have one is because I liked the Bloodred Devonti slightly more).

Oh! Wait! After reading the other comments, I see that they redrew the bottom of its fur. I suppose that particular detail is an improvement, but I don't think that change was worth destroying the wonderful, adorable detail of the face and the soft, pillowy looking fur. *sigh*

On the other hand, I suppose since Picormdwe or whatever her Subeta name is isn't on staff, maybe they felt it had to be done? I still would have preferred her personal revamp of the Chibi Devonti to this one though...
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I like it. Another revamp that keeps the spirit of the old one while improveing the art. I like the small changes that were made on it as well. Great job Arbor!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

We have never revamped pets just because the original artist is no longer on staff. If the art is outdated and there is no artist on staff who can match the original artist's style well, then we will revamp it. Otherwise, we would rather try to find someone to match the original style if the art quality is fine, e.g., Aqua's swampies, illumises, endeavors and cadogres, or Vampire's telenines, kumoses, demis and wyllops. (Although the wyllop's static colors are awful, IMHO. XD)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Eh, it looks like it had a bath.
Omg Its Demi

Post by Omg Its Demi »

I sorta like the older one better, and I don't see why it needed to be revamped. But eh, still cute I guess.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

The old one had the anatomy slightly off in places. One being the long fur at its feet which was sweeping towards one side instead of spread out like the new one.
Image Image
ImageImage