Official Subeta Giveaway!

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Official Subeta Giveaway!

Post by AngharadTy »

Thanks, Sunwolf! I can well understand how frustrating it is, but still, it's better to try to stay positive right now.

Covet is totally right. People will whine no matter what. What are some arguments for the Free Shop being better than the Donation Center? All I can think of are reasons for the DC. Maybe the Free Shop is easier from a coding point of view. But I do not find it better in any way than the DC from a user point of view.
Image Image
Rustyblu

Post by Rustyblu »

I was hoping it would have changed from the shop-based giveaways :x Alsooo im hoping it goes on after Christmas and New Years (the last began on the 30th as far as I can remember), as I don't want to spend much time online then xD.

I don't think ill really be participating in this one, but im just curious if anyone has seen any Donation Present items in there? Im sure it would make a hell of a lot of people happy if some of the more recent super expencive ones were released in there xP

Anyway, good luck to everyone trying :D
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

So its 6am Subeta time and I can't get the site to load at all. I doubt I'll be participating much.

Dear god how I loathe the free shop give away. The same set of amazing rsers that get all the rare item rsing will be getting these. I rs occasionally and have even gotten a rare item or two, but those were at odd hours. Matched up against any normal rser and I'm utterly screwed. Add over 1000 people all trying to get the same small set of items? Who /ever/ thought this would make a good idea :(

Ohh well. Guess I'll just ignore it again like I did last giveaway.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Rustyblu

Post by Rustyblu »

I always post replies when im logged out rofl ._. IN SUMMARY;

1. Giant Lotus's are restocking if anyone is interested.
2. I agree with Seerow
3. Why did they change from DC giveaways
4. I tried my best last giveaway and the only decent item I got was the Oracle Staff which was promptly taken off of me :(
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Oracle Staff is way beyond decent XD Sucks that everyone got theirs taken away though :(

I still sort of wish an old suggestion of mine would be considered.
Giveaways would be run pretty much the same way as the site-wide giveaway tihngs (like the pumpkins or candy bag thingies) and you'd get a little item on your screen to click. When opened, it would give you a random item of random rarity.
It would get rid of the fierce competitive edge and all around negative feelings of the Free Shop giveaway. It would be completely based on luck and time spent on the time as a whole so users couldn't complain about the event favoring one demographic (ie restockers) or not happening in their time zone (if it lasted 24hrs or more). There wouldn't be 1000+ people all refreshing on the same page so it would (I think, dunno for sure) greatly lessen the lag. And it encourages people to be on the site longer instead of getting fed up with not getting anything in the free shop and just leaving.

And if Keith really wanted he could make some money by selling CS items that either raise the chance of getting the event or the chance of finding a rare item in the bag :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I always liked that suggestion, Seerow. I really wish it had been implemented. I didn't grab anything from the free shop last time there was a giveaway. I don't have the patience to refresh, refresh, refresh, and then miss everything. Alas. The site is down anyway.
Subeta: Thomas
bluelightning

Post by bluelightning »

Theres a giveaway going on now? Ah that's why the whole site wont work then?? Now I'll never be able to give out 50 presents for the acheivement. I hate the new giveaway shop, it makes a lot less fair as people with faster connections/comps/reaction time can get LOADS of stuff one after the other while other people get nothing. The old way, the donation centre was so much better because it gave everyone a chance to get something. Everyone had to wait 5 minutes between items so other people could get stuff in that time.
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

After trying to get on the site for what seems like forever, it worked for a small window of time (less then 5 mins) and in those 5 mins I was extremely lucky enough to grab a Pretty Ballerina Fairy Princess Costume. I noticed a cherry and giant lotus in there too.

I expect that'll be the extent of my luckiness for this giveaway. I too have to grumble a little bit that I liked he DC system a whole lot better. With this one you have to look super-fast and hope and pry you can actually grab something before someone else. Bleh.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Meh, the site won't load for me, and I'm on a really cheap computer + slower internet connection, so I have no chance.
derp
Tom

Post by Tom »

Elzaim wrote:After trying to get on the site for what seems like forever, it worked for a small window of time (less then 5 mins) and in those 5 mins I was extremely lucky enough to grab a Pretty Ballerina Fairy Princess Costume. I noticed a cherry and giant lotus in there too.

I expect that'll be the extent of my luckiness for this giveaway. I too have to grumble a little bit that I liked he DC system a whole lot better. With this one you have to look super-fast and hope and pry you can actually grab something before someone else. Bleh.
:P Cherries are worth 30k.
Scimthary

Post by Scimthary »

It's not loading for me either. :/
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

They were worth more recently because they were only recently released for real real. Jessi knows more about it, but I think they were originally a Slots prize or something, and when they got rotated outta there, they didn't actually restock. But now they do. At least, I'm pretty sure that's a "cherry" and not some other cherry item.

I'm sad the site's been down because I really wanted to make an HA before going off to Christmas. =( My zombie baker idea will have to wait, I guess....
Image Image
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

I hate to complain about it as well, but it is a bit frustrating to get something. I usually have a fast connection and everything, but I'm being buried under SQL errors whenever I see something and get to the purchase page. I just missed a DM Rreign Plushie which would have been great for my plushie collection. T.T

I adore your idea Seerow rather than this 'solution' to the DC giveaway problem. It really does solve a lot of the issues of both the DC giveaways and the Free Shop giveaways too.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Ah so it's not just me with the MySQL errors. I'm not even able to get junk items with about 300 people online now.

Plus, I'm at work so I really shouldn't be hanging out in the free shop anyway. It's just I have family plans tonight and all day tomorrow, so I'll likely miss most of it.
Tom

Post by Tom »

You get a MySQL error if you miss an item, I found.

Everything is flying out there at... an impossible rate. I dunno who would even bother grabbing some of the stuff that's leaving in a blink. I grabbed an Anti Tunic earlier when the site was up to the ears in errors, but that was only because I doubt anyone else could access it. Of course I am very thankful for my grab, but really, I can't help but be annoyed at the way this is set up. I gave up last time...