Pink and Electric Gnorbus

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
varii

Pink and Electric Gnorbus

Post by varii »

ImageImage

The different shades of pink used on Pink don't really do it for me, but I like it overall. I really like electric, except for the electric bolt over the spots, it would have been nicer had those been removed.

ImageImage

The wig + the Gnorbus standard beard make me laugh. I really like the boy's outfit. I wish clothes like that could be worn on more pets.
rei @ neopets
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Pink and Electric Gnorbus

Post by TCStarwind »

Pink would have been better if they'd used the dark shade of pink for the mane. Then it wouldn't almost blend in with the rest of the body. Electric is ok. I kinda like the bolts on the back.
ultraviolent

Post by ultraviolent »

I'm not a big fan of gnorbus, but I'd love to make a bearded lady character with that wig!

That's pretty much what I thought about the colors, too. The shading on the pink's beard/mane also seems too strong compared to the rest of the shading on the body. :-/
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Both of those colors seem garish to me. I know that's kind of the point of electric. I don't like it. It's too bad Gnorbus got colorfills for their day, there are a lot of nice colors they could have gotten.
Louboutins

Post by Louboutins »

These are okay in my opinion.. Pink is an average pink. And I usually like electric, but the bolts seem a bit randomly thrown on for me.. But I do love the bright turquoise mane <333

The clothes are pretty cute too.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Bit of a letdown after the greatness of aisha day! I suppose gnorbus have had a lot of good colours already, though. They did luck out on pirate.

I like the boyish clothing set, although the wig on the girl's set makes me LOL. Did they try to match it to the brown base? I wonder how awful it will look on any other colour?
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

What a letdown after Aisha day! Especially as Gnorbus are one of my favourite pets, along with Aishas. It's a shame they went with colourfills, though I like the turquoise mane on the electric one. And I was so convinced they'd do chocolate!

That wig really is hilarious!
Omg Its Demi

Post by Omg Its Demi »

Is it just me, or does that Gnorbu have sideburns?
varii

Post by varii »

Omg Its Demi wrote:Is it just me, or does that Gnorbu have sideburns?
For some reason both the Purple and Blue Gnorbus have extra side fluff, while none of the other colours do.
rei @ neopets
Louboutins

Post by Louboutins »

For some reason both the Purple and Blue Gnorbus have extra side fluff, while none of the other colours do
So they do!!! The blue sideburns immediately made me think of:

Real life blue/purple Gnorbu!
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Is it me or are NEITHER of these at the Rainbow Pool? What gives? They still only released one of the two Xweetok Day colours...
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Nope neither are there :/
Blargh dissapointing gnorbu day...
Other than the sheared gnorbus :)
...formerly known as 'spiraled'
-click-
NeonDragonfly

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Pink's ok for Pink, the shade of Pink for the neck ruff is nice.
Electric is lovely, I like the bright blue neck ruff, and the little lighning bolts around their feet.
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

I like the mane on the pink one, but that's about it. It's nothing special.

I don't mind the Electric one, but I think they should have decided one what goes on it's back, the stripes or the spots. It's kind of dumb to have both and clutters up the pet. I do like the little electric marks on its feet though. ^^

I like the clothes! ^^ The girl's wig is charming while the boy's outfit is just plain awesome. If only all clothes were like this.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I actually quite like the Electric; it's always been one of my favourite colourfills and I think this is a decent addition. It's eye-catching enough- especially the ruff, which I'm glad they made turquoise instead of the dark blue some of the older pets (Eyrie, Kyrii etc) had. The spots do look out of place, though, and maybe having a slightly darker shade of blue for the body would have brought out the contrast more.

Pink is alright. The ruff is the best bit, the rest is just too pale. My first thought was that it would have looked better if the whole body was the colour of the ruff, but on second thoughts, that'd probably have been too much. :-/