Bloodred Chelon and Devonti revamps

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Omg Its Demi

Bloodred Devonti and Chelon revamp!

Post by Omg Its Demi »

I hope you don't mind me doing this (:

ImageImage

Devonti is only a slight touch-up, but I love it! (:
The Chelon does have better art, but I dunno..I just don't like it. And i can't put my finger on why I don't!
Iggy

Bloodred Chelon and Devonti revamps

Post by Iggy »

The old one was...awful. Seriously awful. This one looks so maniac and awesome and asskicking. Oh, and moarshellaction. I love the fact the crimson gems can be seen that way, as they're obviously shiny and crimson, which is one of my favorite color. I also love the fluidity of the blood on this revamp.

This is becoming quickly one of my favorite Bloodreds, while before it just was dripped in red paint.

This might be one of my new favorite pets, along with my favorite Keshi pet. And, she did a lot of AWESOME pets.

As I said in newscomments, I greatly appreciate the fact the pose, which was awesome, was not changed. The thing that disturbed me with the old Devonti was the fact it was glossy and shiny. Now, it looks like woolen and awesome, without any attitude change. I totally approve of this revamp, which is EXTRAORDINARY.
Goldenchaos

Re: Bloodred Chelon and Devonti revamps

Post by Goldenchaos »

o - o The Chellon looks different from the others, I think its head is smallerish..which is very fitting for bloodred. So, a very good revamp all around!.

oh GOOD good good, Devonti's revamp is great, no drastic change at all. Yay!
Image Image
ImageImage
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I've been dreading the Bloodred Devonti revamp (I own one) and I'm glad to see that it didn't change much. The face seems a bit too dark to me, but it could just be my monitor at work. There's also something about the eyes that bugs me, though I can't say what. But overall I like it and am glad to see the pose wasn't changed.

I'd like to see the old and new together, but I didn't think to save the old one.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Can't really comment a whole lot, as these are /really/ dark on the school computers. But from what I can make out, I rather like the Devonti revamp. Looks very soft now!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I like both of them, especially the chelon. I'm a big fan of red on black, and I love crimson...so...win! I like the little swirl detail along the rim of the shell, and the shell-gems are nice and garnet-like. It's so fluid yet menacing too, heehee snapping turtle! If I were a chelon fan, I'd be all over this one.

I'm always glad for improved artwork without sacrificing the feel of the original pet. So the devonti wins too. I'm not big on the bright eyes, but as long as bloodred devonti owners are happy about the revamp then I am too. :-)
Ayasha
Human Avatar: 352052

Post by Ayasha »

I really like both of these. They're great! <3

The Chelon is very fluid, especially the blood. I love how we can see the shell on this one, too! It's very nicely shaded and the gems are a really awesome shade of red - which is a lot coming from me because I don't like red a whole lot. The menacing smirk and sharp beak are great, too.

I love how the Devonti's pose and expression remained the same. It was great then and it's still great now. The shocked, innocent face has always been pure win so I'm really glad it was kept. Plus, it looks so soft and furry now compared to super shiny and almost greasy-looking before. Very nice. Another awesome example of why I adore Devontis. :]
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Old - New
ImageImage

Both are just fantastic, the Chelon in particular. It's a scary turtle! And add another hooray for the old pose being kept for the Devonti!
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
firost-the-dragon

Post by firost-the-dragon »

Devonti= YAY 4 NO POSE CHANGE!!!

Chelon...= creepy, but awesomer in its own way. :)
see this picture and more at http://www.darkpidgeot10.deviantart.com . this is by ME!!!
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I have to say, I'm very very pleased with these minor devonti updates. ("Revamp" is too drastic of a word.) It's a more popular pet than I even thought. I only noticed last week about how they simply touched up my chibi devonti.

Very nice change.

....there was a bloodred chelon before this? :D

Chelons seem harder to style in general IMO. The pet transition from turdle/chelon alone seem 90132781 X better. I like all of their colors actually. Especially spectrum.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Aw man... The BR Devonti was my favorite pet on the site. *sigh* I really don't like how the Devonti have been revamped... they look so flat now. *squints* I guess they still have two layers of shading and a highlight, but they're nowhere near varied enough. At a glance it seems really flat. I guess this is intentional? :?

Also, hiding the eyebrows under the fur made a GIGANTIC change in their expression. It went from looking vacant and emotionless, like some kind of adorable possessed murderer, to looking surprised.

Ah well. *goes off to play Ichumon*
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Seerow wrote:Can't really comment a whole lot, as these are /really/ dark on the school computers.
Okay, so I'm not going crazy. My HA is skintone #8, and at my best friend's house it looked like "9.5" almost shade 10. In low resolution/brightness, my skintone matches perfectly with #7, but looks completely different--- almost like I'm biracial on my computer. I heart shade 8, so now I know it's a brightness thing, and not a change in the shade number.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I don't like new devonti, but I didn't like the old one either. I just don't get the wide eyed,open mouthed, and happy pose. I suppose the idea is for it to be scary because it seems happy to be covered in someone/something else's blood? But I don't get that at all. It's just a black sheep covered in paint. The turdle is a turdle. The species is much better after the revamp, but still not particularly pleasing.
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

I love that the pose and overall ideas for the Devonti were not changed. As a matter of fact, it took me to see Sunwolf's post to notice a difference because before I just looked at it and asked myself "what's the difference?" So thanks for that Sunwolf ^^

The head is nicely slimmed down, though I'm kind of with Skitty on parts of it. I liked how fluffy and soft the old one was with the highlights and fur (mane?), though the new one isn't that bad or flat for me, but it's not nearly as cuddly as the old one looked. And the eyebrows, I know why there gone, but it does make a slight difference.

Not bad though. Wouldn't dissuade me from not thinking about getting it ^^

Chelon is nice, no issues with it. I love the colour used for the gems, the expression and the larger version found on Keshi's DA is stunning. Really nice job! ^^
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Yay for bloodred updates! I hope they keep coming. Bloodred is one of my favorite colours so it's nice to see the old ones getting a face lift.

The devonti is great. It stays with the way the old one was while makeing it look so much better. The blood is oh so nice and the shadeing so much better.
The chelon is soooo much better then the old one. The old one was just pitaful. This is just how it should be, a blood thirsty sea turtle. The blood is delicious looking. I'm glad we can see the gems with this one. The gems are just so pretty.
In all, two great updates. **thumbs up**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel