Glacier Chai and Torrent

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
HalfLucy

Re: Glacier Chai and Torrent

Post by HalfLucy »

Although the shading on the eye feathers (?) on the chai doesn't make sense to me because I'm not sure whether they are meant to be markings or frills, and the ear looks like paper, its so cuddly and soft.

The Torrent is a bit of an exhibitionist in that pose. This one even has his chest ribbing :)
I wonder if the head fin could have been longer and more elegant. It looks a little too much like a flat sheet of glass because the shading on the fin ribbing isn't dark enough.

This said, I'll morph Andolyrus into one of these if the Glacier Tutani doesn't fit him.

There's mold on my avocado D:

da: k e c e n (no spaces)
livejournal: k e c e n (no spaces)
TheseHeights

Post by TheseHeights »

I like the Chai, but the face/jawline looks off on the Torrent. I dunno, I think a different pose would've worked better for it; that pose kinda makes it look a bit dead.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Ooh these are two lovely additions, the Chai is just too cute and the Torrent is beautiful. I'd like to be different though and say I don't like the bubbles the Torrent has. It's just a preference of mine, but if I got one of these whenever I looked at my profile I would imagine all of my pets were living under water and not just the Torrent. I know it would be silly to own a Torrent and imagine it's living on land with my other pets anyway but I just do and the bubbles would annoy me. D:
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

HalfLucy wrote:Although the shading on the eye feathers (?) on the chai doesn't make sense to me because I'm not sure whether they are meant to be markings or frills, and the ear looks like paper, its so cuddly and soft.
They're tea leaves. Chai... tea... Okay, so it might not be the most clever idea, but that's what the original artist intended. :)
.:werewolf:.

Post by .:werewolf:. »

the only think putting me off the torrent is its fins :( they look sorta.. well strange :l
chai is soooo cute :mrgreen:
ps: this message contains a virus that is now in your computer, it will explode in about 10 minutes. To save your computer, please dance around your room like a chicken. :)
firost-the-dragon

Post by firost-the-dragon »

BLARGGG CHAI IS A MUST-HAVE!!!!!!!
see this picture and more at http://www.darkpidgeot10.deviantart.com . this is by ME!!!
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I would love the torrent if we were looking at it from the opposite side. The fins are flowey and elegant and the expression is priceless, but I don't like looking up a fish's butt. I can visualize (thank you, 3D animation classes) the other side being utterly perfect, but I'm really not fond of the angle of the pose.

Chai is adorable. I thought glaciers were supposed to be tougher, however? The chai looks more confused about waking up. I think a little more of a scowl would have given it a more angry expression better fitting a bear waking up in the middle of winter unexpectedly. This chai I want to give a hug, I think it'd be more in character of glacier pets to want to give him a cup of coffee and run as quickly as possible.

The art on both is still lovely, just could be slightly tweaked in execution. I probably wouldn't get either of them anyway, so all's good int he end.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

They are both very pretty. The torrent is so beautiful and I love the way the tail is. The shading is so nice and the markings are gorgeous. I also love the bubbles, a nice touch there. ^_^ I've been liking all of the torrent redraws and this one doesn't disappoint.
The chai is quiet cute. While it doesn't give the cold shoulder like a lot of the glaciers do, I like the difference of it. It was sleeping through the long, cold winter and you went and woke it up. And once it's fully awake, you better be running. Atleast, that's the thought that pass through my head when I saw it. ^_^" I love the shading here too and the icicle on the collar is a nice touch. Great work to both the artist!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I'm late to the party, but I figured since I love these two so much, I'd better pop in and say so. =) I now love THREE new glacier pets, and I don't know what to do! I have a potion in my vault that I intended to use for a glacier paralix, but since I accidentally got attached to the sea kitty that I morphed for the achievement, I don't have any pet slots available. And I kind of want both of these, too! Probably more than the paralix, at this point.

Unlike Rah, I can't say this is my favorite torrent so far--I adore my beautiful nightmare torrent--but it's absolutely gorgeous. I love the little details, like the swirl in the bubble, the tiny amount of ice on the fins, the markings on the side, the amazing tail fins. It's just PRETTY.

And awwwwwwwwww, I never thought I'd want a Chai, but I love the ice dripping from the ears, the collar, the little bunny tail, the scrunched-up paw in his sleepy eye. It sort of reminds me of Buttermilk Bear, in a weird way, and since I already have a gorgeous ice bunny, an ice bear would be a perfect complement.

...Damn, now I think I need it. I either have to buy more pet slots, or figure out which of my pets I can replace.