Disco and Desert Lennies

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
chocolatefairy13

Disco and Desert Lennies

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

It's nice, though it would have been better if they thought outside the traditional "green, paisley, pink" box and went along the lines of the Mynci or Grarrl.

I like it -- a lot!
I think it's the cloak/skirt thingy that does it for me. :D

EDITED to add the Desert Lenny.
Last edited by chocolatefairy13 on 12 Feb 2009 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Re: Disco Lenny

Post by Kamil »

I'm going to lock this until we find out what the other Lenny color will be. There's no point in having two threads, and adding a second pet to this thread at a later date will be messy and stuffs.

So. *locks*

And we have the other now. *unlocks*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
champagnesoup

Re: Disco and Desert Lennies

Post by champagnesoup »

I love the Desert Lenny - it's rather feminine but really nice. Disco is...disco. It would look nicer with a peach bill rather than pink - less blinding at least!

I still really want a Skunk Lenny that looks like a magpie, I love the real-life bird Lennies.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Disco is okay. It is just disco, afterall. The desert is to die for. :D I love it, and I wouldn't mind getting one for myself. The clothes are so nice
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I like the orange tail-feather-thing patterns that are carried over to the Lenny's body on Disco, otherwise it's a bog-standard colour.

Desert looks great, though. The sandals make it look like its feet are in a rather odd position, but that's a minor niggle.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Oh, what a spiffy Desert Lenny! I'm not sure the sandals quite work on a bird, but other than that, I can hardly fault this.

Disco is another of those colours that badly needs a shake-up.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
varii

Post by varii »

Desert is lovely. Would have been perfect if it had eyeliner. I wonder what layer the arm band is on.

And they aren't here, but I LOVE the outfits that were released today. I don't like female lennys really, but the girl's outfit is so cute. I wish the boy's outfit was available for more species.
rei @ neopets
Nia

Post by Nia »

The desert is SMASHING! Darnit I really like it.
The only problem is the cloak/skirt thing looks really TIGHT around his uh... butt. If they had just made that little line go down instead of curve around the tail it wouldn't look so uncomfortable.
They were just a tiiiny bit lazy.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Would have been perfect if it had eyeliner. I wonder what layer the arm band is on.
But without it, it's going to look perfect for multi-coloring. :) I could see myself multi-painting a Lenny...WHAT A COINCIDENCE.

My lab pet is one right now! =D
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Desert is absolutely -fabulous-. I just love it! Too bad the accessories will clash horribly with my own Lenny - who is pink xD But really, what a wonderful pet, I kind of want one on its own xD

I actually kind of like Disco, too, but I guess I'm weird xD The colors just really pop, I'm fond of it!

ETA - Also, Larkspurlane, I saw your picture in the art gallery - absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on getting in, its a simply amazing picture!
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

I -like- the eyeliner, I think it would have made it -more- fun for multipainting. :P

The Disco is really, really boring, though I do like what they did with the tail feathers.

The Desert, on the other hand, is very, very nice! I particularly like the shade of tan they used! I wonder if the hair comes off with the wig, or if it stays there?

Pretty nice!
<3
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Aww, I was hoping they'd go the Sandwalker route for the Desert, like that person had linked to in the predictions thread. I guess Cleopatra/King Tut/whoever is cool too. They did some nice details on the gear. I don't know about that decision to have its butt stick out like that (someone pointed this out previously). But I don't know how else they could have dealt with that particular body shape... hm.
Jessibean wrote:ETA - Also, Larkspurlane, I saw your picture in the art gallery - absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on getting in, its a simply amazing picture!
Hay thank you! :D I don't want to jinx anything, but I should be getting my own faerie lenny (the one represented in that picture) this weekend. At which point I will spam up Achievements with a board of 100% happy + a big version of that pic. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Jessibean wrote:ETA - Also, Larkspurlane, I saw your picture in the art gallery - absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on getting in, its a simply amazing picture!
Seconded - your Lenny is delightful! I do stumble across your work from time to time in the gallery and in the NT and I'm always impressed. 8)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
invsagoth

Post by invsagoth »

I have to say that like desert! Though now that I notice it has no eyeliner I am sad. :/ I really like the eyeliner on desert pets. I also wish the tush didn't look so pointy. lol If they just let it drape a tiny bit more instead it would have been fine!

Sigh. I liked it so much too before I started noticing problems with it.

As for disco, I actually think it's cute. (: But I doubt I would ever own one, oh well.
Thank you to Jazzy for the av!
kaytea

Post by kaytea »

the desert In my opinion is quiet lovely but the lack of eyeliner is a shame |:c

and the disco one. is just meh