*SO* much more than an achievement...!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Usul_Princess

*SO* much more than an achievement...!

Post by Usul_Princess »

Finally, I have a (happy) topic worth mentioning...

....After 18 months of peddling for employment, I got a job. A *real* job, guys! I'm a subsitute teacher for the state, and I got a job at the end of April. If you have no two year degree, all you need is 90 credits. (At least in Michigan, anyway.) I had 90 credits for about 5 months before I realized I was qualified. Now that I have both a two year degree and 96 credits, I can possibly be considered for being a real teacher because I'll have classroom experience. (As of now, my GPA is in good standing, but too low to get into the teaching program. I'll probably just finish with a BS in Art History and a French minor rather than change it at this point.)

People are too desperate to wait around for you to meet all the preferred requirements, still without a Bachelor's, it's a longshot, but I digress. This job is GREAT! I knew this is what I was called to do. I love subbing for elementary schools because you can see the hope in their eyes about becoming something some day. A few kids drew some pictures for me, telling me I'm their favorite sub. (Awww.) I'll upload them in another edit/post. They say I'm friendly and nice. I just give them positive reinforcement. Something that teachers are stingy about showing.

I wanna break this myth about high school students being the best to teach because they're compliant....They're not. Not at all. Especially during the last couple weeks of school. I hate them.

Middle school students are pretty horrible all year 'round, but I still don't know which is worse at this point, because I wanted to go into HS french. And I'm sure being a fill-in, and being an actual teacher are two entirely different things. I'd be teaching an elective, so for the most part kids would enjoy what they're enrolled in. If all else fails, there's still spanish. I've taught myself it over the years, along with a couple of college courses. I'm so relieved that I have a pretty dependable job. In 3 days I'll get a $15.00 raise from $75.00/day to $90.00/day. It caps out at $150.00/day, but normally if you're consistant in taking job assignments, you'll be employed before they shell out that kinda money.

What else can I say? *JOY*

OT: Is anyone having a problem with typing in extended text? (The scrollbar won't stop moving the paragraph, and it's giving me seizures.)
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy