Speckled and Mutant Kau

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Arviragus

Re: Speckled and Mutant Kau

Post by Arviragus »

Well, that is certainly mutated... :o

It took me a minute to figure out what was going on, but now that I have, I kinda like it.
Subeta
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I looooove mutant. Speckled is nice, but I loooooove mutant. Soon as I get my desert lupe zap, I know what I'm after.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Well I'm going to have to buy two Kau Transmogrification Potions, one for my Gallery and one for one of my pets. I'm in love! This almost makes up for another horrible Altador Gallery winning the Gallery Spotlight.
Rykune

Post by Rykune »

Mutant is something that while I'm glad it will create more Kau owners, I'd never want one for myself. The mouth is a ripoff of the Nedler. It took me a good five minutes to recognise it as a Kau. Not positive. Like Jamie, I'll have to get a potion for gallery reasons (hey stranger!) but unlike him, no duplicate potions for me.

The Speckled... well, ditto with the first line about Mutants. It will create more Kau owners and the way it was done separates it from other Speckled pets which I love. Possibly one of the best colour combinations you can get for 50k. Even better than some of the more expensive colours for Kaus IMO.

Think the real winner was that space suit though! :D
Neopets and sometimes Subeta too
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Man. Kaus made out alright this year. Two really nice colors, and decent clothing as well. Given what remains to the artists, they really outdid themselves this time 'round.

I am still in shock over mutant. An honest-to-deity, no holds barred redraw. I didn't think such a thing was possible anymore.

I kinda agree with varii as well; I think they have one awesome artist and the rest are . . . yeah. x.x

But props to whoever drew these two; they're both wonderful additions to the 2.0 pets.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

You know, I thought mutant was some new Shenkuu kau because it looked like a dragon. Then, I saw the tentacles. Yeah. No. The little eyes in the forehead look like a face. With the way its mouth is split open, it looks like a dragon kau tried to eat a weird squid, but failed.
Katy... :)

Post by Katy... :) »

Huggles wrote:With the way its mouth is split open, it looks like a dragon kau tried to eat a weird squid, but failed.
That is an awesome way to describe it! :)
Totally does look like that... I still am so torn about it. I think it's really creative, so I don't want to dog it but it's just so...

For lack of a better word, strange.
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
stitchedreams

Post by stitchedreams »

The Speckled Kau is quite nice, unlike some pets, which is just meadow green with random white spots pasted all over.
As for the mutant, it's quite an eye-full! What's up with its hind legs? I can't seem to make them out. The head is darn creepy though.
My favourite mutant of all time is still the Eyrie.
twodollarpony

Post by twodollarpony »

Ew. Ew. Ew.

Not in a million years would I get a Mutant Kau. It looks disgusting -and not in a cool, Mutant way. Reminds me of that one petpet, with the tenticles coming out of its mouth -a Nedler or something like that? Anyway, it looks terrible. Neo has hit an altime low with this critter. But the Speckles; beautiful.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

varii wrote: I love both colours, but wow. Mutant is actually art. Wow. I love the colour scheme, horns, legs...it's fantastic. It sort of suffers from busy-face syndrome, and I don't like it much small but I think the detail in there makes up for it.
With the joys of customizing the size of a pet's picture on the lookup, one can easily have that detail far from lost. Ultimately that's why I want one. The shading in the extra eyes, the coloration and all that is artwork of the creepy kind and should be shared in lovely, blown-up fashion.
Subeta - Neopets
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Late to the party, but wow, that Mutant is amazing! I kind of want one but would never really do anything with it, but it is definitely one of the better pets released since customization. I love how they did the mouth and the first thing I thought of was how neat it would look paired with a Neddler (or whatever that petpet is).

I guess the only part that is really bugging me about it is the super shiny bright red body near it's tentacle mouth. It looks like maybe the artist forgot to go in and darken it up maybe?

Speckled is also very very nice, no complaints about it.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

MUTANT IS TERRIFYING. It's really well drawn and all ... but I wouldn't want that greeting me on Neopets every day.

The pattern on Speckled is nice.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Cyaneus wrote:MUTANT IS TERRIFYING. It's really well drawn and all ... but I wouldn't want that greeting me on Neopets every day.
Lol, now I want one to be my active pet so that I am greeted by that every time I sign into neopets.
Subeta - Neopets
kaytea

Post by kaytea »

I really love that speckle Kau it looks as if a green kau started playing with some white paint and got it all over itself c:

and..holy..that mutant Kau is just wow awesome I'm loving the mouth tentacles
as well as the horns
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

Oh MAN. I signed up for this site JUST to say this about the Kau...

CTHULU KAAUUUUUU!!!!!!