Gold and Zombie Ixis

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Rah

Gold and Zombie Ixis

Post by Rah »

ImageImage

I know most here dislike the new giant headed ixis, but they've actually grown on me a little xD

I think the gold is lovely - really nice and shiny, it does look made of gold, and not just a buttercup yellow. I love that horn shine! And I'll be needing that collar for Daeti.

Zombie - just wow for me. A JABOT! And the purple...haha it's like Austin Powers as a dead goat. Is that bone showing on the back leg or some kind of sock thing? I'm not sure. I'm definitely fond of this though!
Kodrale

Re: Gold and Zombie Ixis

Post by Kodrale »

I LOVE the Zombie Ixi!
The bone is wow, I mean, finally, a real zombie.
The top is adorable, and the pants aren't half bad.
I think we finally have a good zombie.

Gold is okay, I like the fact that it's shiny, and not just, all around yellow.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I just wanted to say DITTO, AWESOME! These are seriously nice. :-)

The first thing I noticed about Zombie is the eye seepage. So creepy and icky and appropriate, haha.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I love the zombie! The jabot is soooo cute. And the pretty dead eyes.
Image Image
NeonDragonfly

Post by NeonDragonfly »

The Gold Ixi looks lovely, the collar is very pretty. It all looks wonderfully shiny, the sparkles are well placed. And I like the hooves are a nice shade.

Zombie is pretty cool, the clothes are really cool, and I like the details in the face.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Wow, for a species that I generally dislike now (see above re: bobblehead) I actually love both of these colors, enough for me to comment when I usually could not care less about post-customization colors. The zombie is very nice, AND so is the gold. Both really have a lot of detail and someone obviously took a lot of care with each. Nicely done!
Mimzi

Post by Mimzi »

First comment I'm making here, and with my favourite species too!

The gold, as stated in the first comment, looks gold, not yellow. The bits of shine are placed really well, and I really like how the eyebrow isn't black, but it dark enough so that it stands out and is visible.

Zombie is just...wow. Absolutely amazing. They really took the Ixi's large head into good use. I love the molding at the the bottom of the horns, the tops of the hooves, and the nose. The clothing is awesome, once again, as I find with most zombies. I love the er..."eye seepage" for lack of a better word, and the murkiness of the actual eyes, giving off not a stupid look, but a rather creepy one.

Since I am already an Ixi enthusiast, I would still like them no matter what colors TNT did, but now I love them even more. The Ixi is also the best looking and most detailed Zombie pet by far, in my opinion. Great job.
varii

Post by varii »

As someone who detests Ixis and their bobbleheads, Zombie is rather nice. All the detail really works and I hope that fancy clothes become a new Zombie staple.
rei @ neopets
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Oh, someone put a lot of work in both of these. There hasn't been a gold looking gold pet in a long while.

It's really neat they took a bit of a turn with zombie outfits and went with zombie meets Neovia sort of theme, although I guess zombie buzz already broke the mold with its cravat.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Sarafina

Post by Sarafina »

I'm not entirely sure why everyone is saying that Ixis have "big heads now." To me, they look the same as they did pre-customization. Ixis have always had big heads, but they're not horribly disproportionate or anything. *shrug* I dunno.

Anyway, onto the colors! I really love both of these. I'm pleased to see that they actually put some effort into the Gold this time, as most of the Gold pets they release just look like they've been bombarded with Yellow Paint Brushes, and not actually like they're made of gold. The shininess, as others have already mentioned, really contributes to the look, as does the shadowing. These two features combined give it an almost 3D appearance. I have to give the artist who did this a pat on the back. Gold has never been a special color in my book, but this is really quite lovely.

The Zombie is just outstanding, so much that I've actually decided to save for a Zombie Paint Brush, and I'm not usually an Ixi fan. :| The jabot makes it look like a Neovian citizen before Neovia's curse was lifted (who remembers the Tale of Woe? ;D), or perhaps an ancestor come back from the dead. Either way, it looks very Neovian to me. What I'm really drawn to are the eyes; the seepage gives the whole thing an eerie appeal and ties it all together. And, of course, as Mimzi mentioned, the mold on the hooves, horns, and nose is also a nice touch.

All-in-all, great Ixi Day!
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I am rather disappointed that such good colours went to such an ugly pet as the Ixi, but never mind.

The Gold actually really looks like it's made of gold! It looks like a trophy or statue, it could make for an interesting pet story.

Zombie is brillopads, I love the cravat (I have never heard it called a jabot before, is this an American word?) and the bone showing and the eye seepage. For once, the Ixi's innate creepiness works in its favour!
lar

Post by lar »

Whee, first post on the boards here.

Gold is quite nice. Actually looks fairly metallic, not just bright yellow. Yay shinies!

So um. I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like zombie? It's very well drawn and everything, but I'm just not impressed with the concept. Zombie as a color overall has been disappointing for me, but to me this just looks like a vampire kid who got carried away with their make-up. The 'eye seepage' just looks like smudged mascara to me. And I don't see its hind leg being exposed bone at all, I just thought it was a stocking, like those worn with culottes. Plus the clothes overall look like they just tweaked the ixi pirate's clothes.
'Bleh' ixi day for me.
Oops, my karma ran over your dogma.
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

The ixi still makes me quite bitter because they were my favourite species pre-customization, but I have to admit these are rather nice considering the poor base the artist had to work with! Gold is actually a nice shade and looks like gold, and zombie is nicely detailed. My favourite part has to be the clothing; I might need to get a zombie just to have that clothing. :)