Shadow and Zombie Kiko

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Shadow and Zombie Kiko

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Image Image

Shadow is shadow, nothing to special. I do though like the shade of blue they've used for the eyes and bandage.

Zombie is quite freaky though, especially with those wide milky eyes. And I think the jacket is nicely tattered, but you wouldn't really miss it if it was taken off.
Doubtful

Re: Shadow and Zombie Kiko

Post by Doubtful »

I think that their pretty nice. Shadow is okay. I wish they would do something other than make it a colourfill, and make it more interesting.

Zombie, in my opinion is one of the best zombies. I love the colours and the eyes are really terrifying!

Overall, I'd give the colours a 7/10 because I think they could have done more with it.
varii

Post by varii »

Shadow does a lovely job of pointing out how weird Kiko's hands look.

Zombie does a very good job of disguising how weird the kiko's hands look. While I would never own a kiko (floating things weird me out), I really love Zombie; I think it is one of the better examples of the colour. I like the dark eye sockets, the crooked grin, I LOVE the little hair with split ends, the colouring is just nice and I think that the little scratch marks really do make it look like it could have crawled out of some zombie hole. I like the vest, too. It looks like a tattered Gypsy Boy Vest.
rei @ neopets
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Not really impressed by either. The eyes are nice on both of them, but other than that, I don't really care too much. I mean, they're kikos. If they were completely erased from the site, I'd happily forget about them.
varii

Post by varii »

Not necessarily colour related, but seriously, why do they keep releasing this same stupid hat?

I swear there are at least 5 other pets with a version of this hat, plus the Daring Adventurer hat. Ugh.
rei @ neopets
stitchedreams

Post by stitchedreams »

Oohhh new Kiko colours!

Shadow looks nice, I always liked most shadow pets, so this one is a nice addition. :)

Never a fan of zombie pets, but this does looks quite nice for a zombie.
Sarafina

Post by Sarafina »

The shade used for the Shadow's eyes and bandage is very nice, but other than that, it's no different than any other Shadow pet.

The Zombie is alright. It's not marvelous, but it's definitely not bad either; I do like the eyes, they're very creepy. I also like how the strand of hair has a "split-end." I'm not entirely sure what's up with the polka-dots (liver spots?), but I don't dislike them, and the vest works pretty well considering there isn't much else you could give a Kiko in terms of clothing.

Pretty good job.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Shadow is as nice as shadow gets - I do like it when they use those lilac highlights.

Zombie's eyes are nice and creepy, but it's not as good as the Ixi. Ugh, I used to like Kikos before the revamp!

And yes, Varii, they do keep releasing Indiana Jones outfits don't they?
Mimzi

Post by Mimzi »

Shadow is quite nice, with the light blue/lavender accents. Although I think the hands should have just been black.

Zombie is alright, although I think the bandage should look more tattered and yellow. I think they could have done a better job with the vest though, looks a bit awkward to me.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Zombie is an excellent example of the fine line Neopets has to walk with zombies - there's nothing gorey to be inappropriate for their audience of children, but it's still very creepy and unsettling for the adults.

Shadow's pretty. It looks very happy.
crysdamodegus2

Post by crysdamodegus2 »

Hi there. First post here...
...although I think the bandage should look more tattered and yellow.
I agree with this. A little idea that popped into my head, that I thought might have been cool, was if they had the bandage peeled back a little bit, revealing some kind of wound. Nothing too obscene, of course; maybe even just a graze. I think they would've made for an interesting and unique Zombie pet. However, the artists might not have that freedom post-customization. :|
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

...the empty eyes on the zombie kiko freak me out, in a good way xD
And considering I don't like kikos, these colors are a win in my opinion.
...formerly known as 'spiraled'
-click-
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

The Zombie Kiko is surprisingly adorable, I love the little details in the stitches, hair, and jacket. The spots look a little odd on the hands though, perhaps they stand out too much against the white. They fit well on the main body by blending in more with the colour, but they just seem like a random detail to put on the fingers. Anyways, I'm impressed by it considering I don't care for Kikos at all.
Image Image