Revamped Darkmatter Hipottu & Swampie

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Pyrostatic

Revamped Darkmatter Hipottu & Swampie

Post by Pyrostatic »

Image Image
Image Image
Old----->New

First Hipottu redraw revamp and I will say it's a solid good one! The expression is executed effectively; it's not like "Duh...", it's more of a "stay away" expression. The DM orbs are shaded correctly and are evenly spaced around the pet. Good good good! Edit: Ah, well done NK! (thanks Iggy)

The Swampie, I'm rather meh. It seems really long now. And the orbs suffer from undershading, much like the recently revamped Charlie. The other thing i noticed was a lack of expression compared to the old one. But thank God it was updated. The old one was really bad. xD
Last edited by Pyrostatic on 06 Oct 2009 07:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Iggy

Re: Revamped Darkmatter Hipottu & Swampie

Post by Iggy »

NK is the Hippotu artist, she also does the Hikei and Ghostly. :)
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The hipottu is a great update. Loving all the little spots. The teeth kinda bug me (they got longer again like in the original proposed revamp), but it's easy enough to ignore. The swampie also needed a sprucing up. I like it; it looks so much better now.
Zekumi

Post by Zekumi »

I love them both.

I know a lot of you say how you'll never own a certain species, and I never personally felt like that for any species in particular. The Hipottu was the very first pet where I said to myself "I have serious doubt I'd ever own one of those."

I was wrong. :P
I'd totally own that DM. I think it's adorable and the art is great. 75% of the pet art has like ... the smallest little detail that bothers me and keeps me from getting one.
Lately, with the new art, I haven't been having that problem at ALL. Everything's been so great.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Pyro, the mbif.net image gets updated after a revamp, so right now you have the new swampie twice.

The hipottu is surprisingly nice. The markings on the limbs look quite good on DM.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

There ya go.
I like the Swampie. It's a nice update and doesn't manage to look strangely fat like some of the newer ones. It actually looks rather elegant. Very pretty!

The Hipposaru I want to like more then I do. I really like the body and the wings are gorgeous, but for whatever reason the head is throwing me. It's a nice solid revamp, but I wish I could figure out what was bugging me about the head. *Shrug*
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Dollfie
Human Avatar: 227963

Post by Dollfie »

That darkmatter Hipottu is so much prettier than I ever thought a Hipottu could be. I second what Seerow said, that I really like the body and wings more than the head of it but for me, it's probably because it has the head of a Hipottu and there is nothing anyone can do about that.

The swampie is my favorite to date. Love. It's a pet I always admire but don't actually own. The shading on the tail shows the twist so perfectly. I also really like the purple glow on its snout and flipper from the darkmatter it's holding.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

The Swampie is a solid update. I agree that the darkmatters look a little old, but otherwise it's lovely (I especially like that shading on the tail).

The Hipottu is excellent - the pose is perfectly executed, the expression is great, I'm loving the bluer purples in the accents, and even all the little spots in the aura (which I suspect would be distracting on any other pet) work really well with the species' new spots.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

As someone who used to own a DM swampie for quite a while I think this is a surprisingly good update. I still prefer the old one, but that's just me being a sentimental arse as usual. It kept everything the old DM swampie was about. I just may get this pet again. I only wish they retained the old darker purple glow rather than this one with fuxia-ish undertones that's been going around lately. I think endeavor may be the only pet that still has that nice purple.

This DM Hipottu makes me think for the first time that this pet may not be a complete waste after all. Hipottu's markings work really well with this colour *approves*
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta