Atlas of the ancients

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Madge

Re: Atlas of the ancients

Post by Madge »

I could've sworn I've visited every place in happy valley, the ice caves AND the mountain top but I still didn't get it.

Do you have to read the comic first? I never read the comic.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Um, so, looking at the Quest Log, I have the Map, the Watch, the Boat Kit thing, and the Flower now, but there is a blank spot between the Boat Kit and the Flower? Did I ... miss a step somewhere or something? o_O
<3
Madge

Post by Madge »

You have to click on that shiny fairy statue thing I believe, in one of the comics.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

You don't have to read the comic first - I got it having read the other parts of the comic, but not the part of the comic where they talk about the Moltenore.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I ended up getting it with the help of this page:

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/atlas-an ... part-four/

Has text links so you can middle click them all! Yay!

It was on the colouring pages for me, which I guess I must've missed clicking on.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

You know what I wish? That they could keep the color of Roxton's tail consistent. It's getting quite ridiculous.

Roxton image from the first plot. Note the light base dark tip with light spots.

And here we have some screenshots of his tail from this plot so far. Notice the wide range of colors, and the mixup between the light base and dark tips.
ImageImageImageImage

That last image there is one of the only normal ones, but that tail looks like a patched sock. Maybe I'm just being too picky, but I wouldn't think it'd be that hard for the artists to A) use a set color palette for the main character and B) make sure they had the coloring correct.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Well, I'm officially WAY behind on this, despite plenty of time. I'm just not that into it. I haven't even tried the game.
Rah

Post by Rah »

I just caught up with everything today :3 The last plot I actually finished was the lost desert plot, and this plot is just boring enough for me to have time to do xD
Faun

Post by Faun »

I still havent done the game...I cant beat it. do we HAVE to do the game?
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Ugh, i agree. This game stinks. Does anyone have suggestions? And there's only one size for it. People with low resolution screens are screwed. Heck, i got this laptop instead of an even bigger fancier one partly because i thought i could tolerate some scrolling, and i even tested out all the games i play just fine. It doesn't fit this game completely.

Yay, finally figured out how to drag the Bookmarks toolbar stuff to the top bar of Firefox. Minus status bar, and now I can see the whole game screen.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I haven't even tried playing the game (I don't think my laptop will be able to handle it), but I did do all the "click to get an item" tasks. I also haven't bothered reading the comic since chapter 2, but it doesn't sound like I'm missing anything story-wise.

Where are all the fun challenges? I remember trying to unlock the cave door on the Lost Isle plot at chapter two. :(
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

New chapter is up, to get the first goodie
Spoiler: open/close
click the picture of the horn in the comic
for the second you seem to have to play a game, but when I click the blue text it brings me to a page that says that "this game is unavailable". so I don't know which game to play yet...
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I'm just getting angrier and angrier as the plot goes on. The more 'goodies' we get along the way, the less I feel like there is going to be some worthwhile, tricky plot steps or battling. Let alone a prize shop. Prove me wrong TNT!
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I stopped expecting something good, that helps with not being dissapointed.

The game is up now, "Clara on ice". Clara has really thin legs! I can't get past succes pending, so I don't know what score you need because I can't even sent one. How much fun this is...

Edit: The boards say you need a score of 1000! hahahaha, I can't get past 230!
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I have to admit, I'm getting a little upset about the fact that the story doesn't seem to make much sense. The art is beautiful, but the writers seem to have the attention span of a small hamster. Why don't they just show us the bloomin' Atlas already, so we can figure out why Roxy and crew are visiting these locations in the first place? I'm still hoping so, so hard that the real plot is going to kick off when they return to Shenkuu and this is a prologue. C'mon, TNT. You can still knock everyone for six and not make this into an uncharacteristically unengaging plot.

Edit: In case anyone doesn't know, type "stalactites" in Clara on Ice for an extra life. I do it on the first level-- lives count for extra points at the end of a level, and I always die before beating the second.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.