Atebus Revolution Masquerade

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Re: Atebus Revolution Masquerade

Post by bonecrivain »

Bacon wrote:Adriette only dances with male characters... also, Vernon's gonna get murdered... he has to, it seems so obvious...
It seems so obvious because Topher said that earlier in this thread?

I think a murder mystery would be an awesome idea. I doubt they'll do it, but...fun!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

http://www.subeta.net/explore/masquerad ... ser=155383
There's me! Nice coming home for a 9hr work shift to find the event started :D

Edit:
I hate to be a pain, but Kamil if you get bored do you think you could put the list in alphabetical order by chance? It makes finding people so much easier. It'd be much appreciated!
Edit 2: Lol thanks Jaxxy, it's been fixed.
Last edited by Seerow on 23 Mar 2010 04:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Post by Jax »

Um Seerow, just an FYI, you used Kamil's dancing link instead of your own :3
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Sure, I guess I can dance...
http://www.subeta.net/explore/masquerad ... ser=168295

Now I have to make a new HA...
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

With the achievement tier for dancing going all the way up to 1000!!!, I'd say the event will last at least a month, but who knows with subeta. o_O

I'm glad there's a plot this time around and the characters created last year will actually do something now.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Cyro wrote:With the achievement tier for dancing going all the way up to 1000!!!, I'd say the event will last at least a month, but who knows with subeta. o_O

I'm glad there's a plot this time around and the characters created last year will actually do something now.
Good lord, that's high. o_o I definitely won't be getting there. And I don't know about it lasting a month. When were the dates last year? I thought it was all of March, and we also have an April event, right? They can't overlap. Or I could just have no sense of time. That always explains everything.

And agreed on the second point. Last year was just dancing. Some of the shop items were based off of supposed characters, but we never saw them or even got much of a backstory for them. Now things may actually start to make sense. :D
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

My trick is just going to be to remember what wardrobe items I already have from last year. I'm hoping we have new items (and looking forward to them!)
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

bonecrivain wrote:
Bacon wrote:Adriette only dances with male characters... also, Vernon's gonna get murdered... he has to, it seems so obvious...
It seems so obvious because Topher said that earlier in this thread?

I think a murder mystery would be an awesome idea. I doubt they'll do it, but...fun!
Two reasons. One is the description on the pedal that was given out when you danced with that whore woman... dunno her name. Second are the unreleased items subetalodge has found...
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

You guys have the best-looking HAs XD Thanks for being good sports and dancing with my little thrown-together one. I'm glad I decided not to sit it out this year.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Bacon wrote:One is the description on the pedal that was given out when you danced with that whore woman... dunno her name.
WHORE WOMAN?! You did not just say that!

I will not allow such casual misogyny on NC. I really will not. Liking sex does not make you a whore. And all Adriette has actually done has been to flirt.

I don't care if it's an NPC. Never denigrate someone in such a sex-negative, slut-shaming way.
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Image Image
ImageImage
Rah

Post by Rah »

AngharadTy wrote:
Bacon wrote:One is the description on the pedal that was given out when you danced with that whore woman... dunno her name.

I will not allow such casual misogyny on NC. I really will not. Liking sex does not make you a whore. And all Adriette has actually done has been to flirt.

I don't care if it's an NPC. Never denigrate someone in such a sex-negative, slut-shaming way.
AMEN, SISTA! Srsly, major love for you right now xD
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Rah wrote:
AngharadTy wrote:

AMEN, SISTA! Srsly, major love for you right now xD
No, she doesn't sell sex, but she is "a venal or unscrupulous person," the definition of whore...
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The reason that synonym for "prostitute" has such a negative connotation is because of misogynists who use it to say "she likes sex, therefore she is a bad person." That is exactly what you just did. It may have been unintentional. But using a sex-related insult means that you are judging them in a sex-related way.

You are in the wrong. Do not use that word as an insult here ever again.
Image Image
Rah

Post by Rah »

What? Venal means to sell one's influence - and she isn't selling anything. And she has a conscience, she isn't entirely unscrupulous. You'll notice from the scribe that she cared that Vernon Yun had been apart from his wife for a long time before she made a move on him! If she was unscrupulous she would have been after him years ago.

And yes. What Ty said.