Glade Donadak

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Glade Donadak

Post by Silverevilchao »

Lots of cute-induced squealing occurred when I saw this one. Such a cute pose, and look at those cute widdle eyes awwwwwww!
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Re: Glade Donadak

Post by Tiki »

DUDE. Someone remembered Donadaks exist! :D :D

Glade just really suits them in general. I love how all the horns are now wooden growths. He looks like some creature that has been sleeping for thousands of years and is just now waking up, finding that a forest grew around him.

Hmm. Now I wish I had room for a character like that. XD
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Wow, a Donadak! It's been a while, nice to see the species getting some attention, and this was certainly worth the wait! The whole thing is lovely, but I especially love the wooden horns and spikes, that's such a good idea and is really well done. The little birds perched on the trees are nice too.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Ooh, what a surprise! Wonder...is FMD/Lindsey the new Donadak artist or something? I have a hard time distinguishing style, but I'm just guessing she is?

Anyways, glad to see some attention going back to these guys! I like the rocky texture on it's spikes and it's just so cute and endearing in the face! I'm also glad to see the space used by the big prisma-looking butterfly. A very nice touch, I love it. And the birds, haha, so cute!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Pretty sure Arbor did that one. More pastel/light that FMD's glades.

It's very pretty. :)
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

@Iggy - Oh? =o
Thanks for the tip, that'll help me with distinguishing which pets belong to which artist. ^^;
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Pyrostatic, Arbor is the donadak artist for sure and has been for ages :D Though I think Iggy's comment is a bit off. Lindsey does plenty of pastel/light things. The species she's done so far in Glade don't really benefit from pastel colors. Just saying.

This is gorgeous, and if I didn't look at this and see a friend's pet, I'd have to get one for myself. But ALL I SEE IS MAES.
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

I think the more accurate statement is that Arbor's coloring in general is softer than Lindsey's. It's not really got much to do with the colors used. It's the technique. :)
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Andi, that does sound more accurate for sure! Thanks for finding the right words ;D
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Yeah, that's pretty much what I wanted to word, but as usual, I fail at explaining. :)

:)
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Wow! This is just so adorable! I'm usually meh on donadaks but this one wins me over. The spikes made into wood and the moss growing all over it, such nice touches. The pose fits it so well. Makes me want to snuggle it all the more. And my favorite part is the birds on the bum wood and leg wood. So adorable! Oh if I didn't love the glade kora so much I would change Melody into one of these in a second. I never thought I would want to own a donadak! Great job on this Arbor!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Jessica_G
Human Avatar: 449704

Post by Jessica_G »

I really like this one=3
it looks só cute! how those eyes are made=3
and I like how the grass is done, it looks different if you compare it with the other glade pets...
and the wood, where the birds are, awesome!:D
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

I think I have to get it just for the wee birds. SO CUTE.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Aisu
Human Avatar: 314900

Post by Aisu »

This one is SO cute. I love the eyes, you can tell it's smiling even though you can't see its mouth! The wood-horn idea is a great one, too.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I really like Arbor's coloring technique; glade has a tendency to veer toward the neon end of the spectrum, so this donadak's nice balance of lights and darks is even more appealing in contrast. It reminds me a little of the antlephore and irion, in that it seems to be blending in with the landscape more. I like the camouflaged feel of it, especially the mossy claws on the back paws and the gnarled wood.