Mutant Ogrin

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Mutant Ogrin

Post by thelonetiel »

Image Image Image

I approve of the goat-esque eyes and chin. The rest is... A bit too randomly assorted for my tastes. Christmas mane and sucker toes? An interesting color, but not one I'd ever actively strive to own.
Laniv

Re: Mutant Ogrin

Post by Laniv »

Wow.
This is really busy. Christmas mane, tentacle ears, and another mouth on its tail.
It's like someone just kept drawing after the third eye.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Wow. That is... a really... colorful motley of... pieces that all got stuck on.... It's like it fell into a vat of glue and then fell into a bin of unused mutant parts and rolled around for a while before finally escaping. It's odd. Impressive, but odd.
Image Image
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

It's not really noticeable at first but I like the venus flytrap tail

I think if the mane looked like the rest of the body, it would be cohesive but I'm not too sure that that was the whole point
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

WHAT IN BLUE BLAZES IS THAT THING?

Any Mutant which can elicit that as my immediate response must be doing something right. Crazy, absolutely crazy, looking like something from a 60's psychedelia film. It's a shame the small image is excessively blurred, and the eyes really are a bit disturbing, but I love the ears, the suckers and the goatee.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
OctopusSandwich

Post by OctopusSandwich »

It's a little too busy, I wish they made mutants simple like the old days.
Last edited by OctopusSandwich on 25 Aug 2010 03:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I get that it's the whole Mutant concept, but let's be honest: this is the epitome of trying too hard.
I don't even know where to begin. It is just...ugly, and not in a good way. It is the worst pet ever created. No one, and I mean NO ONE, could ever recreate the amazing art of the Mutant Kau/Eyrie/Peophin/Pteri. Except the Mutant Kau artist, cause she might still be on staff.

There is no freaking way this thing's neck could hold up all that crap on it's head. It's just...wth.
I guess it was another artist's day off? Bad timing.
Snowager

Post by Snowager »

Let's see:
Poogle halloween costume copied horns - Check.
Christmas Ogrin mane - Check.
Possibly a striped paintbrush blue and pink fur coat on rear, tail and front legs - Check.
Mutant Mynci front toes - Check.
Gnorbuish Goatee - Check.
Venus Flytrap Tail - Priceless.

Utterly horrible.
Way too busy. It really stinks.
Bad mutant day.
~ Another year without the release of the wocky! Dissapointing. :?
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

I look forward to mutant day every year, and this is just...eurgh. The plant tail, the thorny tentacle ears and the eyes are all cool features, but not on the same thing. If they picked ONE and applied it to an entire pet - a mutant with prickle pink flesh and tentacles, or a mutant covered in leaves and fly-trap mouths, then it would be awesome, but this is just a tacky mess.

What happened to scuzzy, gross mutants? : (
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

This is horrendously ugly. I know mutants aren't supposed to be cute (some of them are, though), but this is ridiculous. I looked at this and cringed. It looks like a sparkledog gone wrong. None of it makes sense, it doesn't have a cohesive design, and Ty's description seems to be accurate. What a mess.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I...don't see the Ogrin in this. I DO love the tail, but..@_@
Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Haha. Mutant sparkledog. That's good.
Image Image
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

The small actually looks better than the full version. It hides some of the ugly at least. o.o
EofS

Post by EofS »

Snowager wrote:Let's see:
Poogle halloween costume copied horns - Check.
Christmas Ogrin mane - Check.
Possibly a striped paintbrush blue and pink fur coat on rear, tail and front legs - Check.
Mutant Mynci front toes - Check.
Gnorbuish Goatee - Check.
Venus Flytrap Tail - Priceless.
Wait, what?

ImageImageImageImage

I'll give you the poogle horns, they're very similar. And there striped thing is a bit unfortunate, although the shade's very different.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I've been holding off commenting on this, because I'm having problems moving past my original impression of 0__0.

Man. Like Ty said, that's a whole lotta . . . something or the other. Several something or the others, actually.

I do like the eyes - a whole great big bunch, same for the entire face; the expression is priceless. And I love the venus flytrap tail. The sucker paws are pretty cool, and I don't especially mind the ears. Don't really mind the horns, although, as has been pointed out, they're pretty similar to poogle's horns. But whatever, there are only so many kinds of horns in the world, so at some point, they has to be overlap. And these do have those kinda neat baby hornettes on the top of the head.

But. They didn't stop there. Even though they really should've. The striping on the body and the striping on the mane is just really excessive. Excessively excessive, even. And the extra colors don't help. At all. I get that with the mane they were probably trying to pick up the green in the tail, but seriously, guys. There's enough going on with this pet already, more than enough, actually. It so didn't need extra colors slathered on.

Who knows, maybe there was a sale at the mutant parts department store.

Man, I love that face. *stares at it*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.