Restock War - Nico vs. Manwar

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Restock War - Nico vs. Manwar

Post by Cranberry »

I almost voted for the Snow White mirror, but then I saw Captain Mal Reynolds in the same batch and it was so good I had to vote for it. :)
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Marah wrote:So far I voted for Mellaka (love your weeping angel)
Thanks. I was lucky a couple people here helped me with the final touch for it. =)

I came here hoping more people posted their HAs so I could vote for them if I was unsure of who to vote for one round. I've only seen two that I recognized from the boards so far.

So far I remember voting for Dr. Horrible, Dr. Frank N. Furter (no reference for either one but I liked them too much to not vote), Link/Epona, Zelda and I forget the rest. I was disappointed that there was no one I wanted to vote for in a round or two so had to choose something mediocre.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

Okay, can I just say the new games are awesome?! I really want to try Manwar's team game but hopefully at the end of the event they will be open to everyone. I just love how retro our space invaders-type game is with the gorgeous pixel art and cute little music.

In other news, I just reached 3,000 restocking points! Still nowhere near as high as a lot of people, but it's well beyond what I was hoping to get. :]
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'm honestly having a blast playing Mazes and Mahars, as its bringing me back to my old Magic the Gathering days - and the art on the cards are beyond gorgeous! Though I hope you're right, Tiki, and after the war we can play each others' games xD
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I loathe the space invaders game. LOATHE. LOATHE SO MUCH. This is the other way to make points? This? It has great art (really great art, let me clarify), and the soundtrack is well-suited, although it gets really annoying really fast. But it's deadly slow. Soooooo fucking sloooooooowwwwww. Let me just ooch my way over and shoot. I beat the first level and somehow died--seems there's a stunlock when you get hit, or maybe it was a glitch. I got hit, froze in place and got hit some more. So I sent my score. You can apparently only send a score three times a day, and I got 0 team points. Greeeeeat. As an alternative to restocking, this is lame and a half. I don't even want to know how long I have to play this slow slow game I hate to get points that are actually worth something. He said he'd give me 2 points for testing. But no? No points at all? More points if I tested better? I don't even know.

Space Invaders is basically my least favorite classic game anyway. So I might be biased. But I'm pretty sure this is entirely worthless to me. Maybe some people will stop restocking and play this, so I might get more points that way. I dunno. But I am completely disappointed.

edit: Played again, got a bit farther, still got zero points. Not going to ever play again unless they adjust the points pretty well in my favor. For only three plays a day, two of which I have now basically wasted, this is completely worthless.
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I think I'll stick with restocking. Keith has said that they're working on finding the average points, so Omen Raiders should give out more RS points later, but eh. I'm not very good at it. And I can't stop thinking about that Futurama episode when I play it.

The cosplay contest is fun. I usually vote on what matches the character best, but if something makes me laugh it may sway me.
Teera

Post by Teera »

Ty, you can send the score 3 times in an hour. Also, you've got to beat his high score to get points(which I believe right now is 3300?) Keith's said that he's planning on adjusting the points. He's just figuring out averages at the moment.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I think the logo looks nice, but the overall pixel style is very messy. It looks more like regular drawings done with a 1 pixel brush like oekaki rather than the pixel precise stuff I love. For their size, it's very hard to make out what the sprites are. But that's fairly innocuous considering it's also one of my least favorite games. Bleugh. Now I want to see what the card game is.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I love the Mahar game, it is a bit like Magic, I feel nostalgic! It just takes a lot of time to play for only two points.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Only 2 points for the mahar game thingee? Really?

I'm so glad you said that, Marah, because that tells me not to go back and finish the game I started. I played for over half an hour, and quit from sheer boredom; I've got other things to do today. As mentioned, the art is lovely, but that only goes so far in keeping me hooked. And if I have to play for an hour to earn two points, I'll pass.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Wow, I really enjoyed Mazes and Mahars too. XD The first time I was a bit clueless and not seeing how I was going to win any time in the future - it was going pretty damn slow, alas, I finally managed a victory. I played again and it went a lot quicker - I don't really see too much point in defeating the guardians they play (and I wish you could play as the maze, too. Unless you can and I'm just 'unlucky') generally, unless they have power-ups reducing your damage to the padlock. Just played for my third time and it took me just under 15 minutes. I assume the points will be ramped up in a while, because it obviously doesn't compare to restocking atm, but still. Pretty fun. :D
Subeta: Thomas
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

..........................:|

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Well, THAT was aggravating
Image Image
ImageImage
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

A plot starts while my family is visiting, whoot! Luckly I was able to jump on during so I joined team Nico cause I prefer video games over table top (though I do love me some table top thanks to some friends of mine XD). Though I wasn't able to really try restocking till after my family left. So far I'm pretty proud of myself. I'm not much of a restocker at all but I've gotten around 100 points already so yay! I'll keep trying, wanting to help as much as I can.

As for the cosplay contest I was also able to join that while I jumped on real quick durning my families visit. Though I only did a simple one cause I didn't have the time to do one more complicated. I do like the one I did come up with though.
I made L from Death Note. **points to AV and Sig** Like I said, simple. ^-^ As for voting, I've been voting for ones of my favorite characters or ones that are really good. And boy are there some real nice ones out there. And having refs give them a plus. Though the ones with their own HA as a ref are kind of annoying.

I haven't gotten around to trying the games yet. Though hearing the one Nico has is based off of space invaders makes me happy! That's one of my favorite old school games. ^-^
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

My wrist hurts from hitting the space bar so much, which is my main complaint about the Omen Raiders game so far. Well, that and the fact that I can't figure out if there's an option to pause.

I got a score of 7820 and 2 restock war points. That does seem like a lot of effort for very few points, but since I'm terrible at restocking, this will be the best way for me to build up my total a little. And it is exciting to see an actual (sort of fun) game being added to the site -- games are something that have always been sorely lacking on Subeta, so I'm hoping that I'll get a chance to play the new card game, too, once this war ends.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The internet in my new apartment is horrendous so I haven't been able to think of restocking. I didn't think I'd be able to do the new Mazes and Mahars game either, but it's a bit speedier now.

Holy shit the artwork is absolutely amazing on the cards! Seriously seriously amazing. And it's quite fun so far :D Hopefully I'll be able to earn at least a handful of points this way!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.