New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Rakumel

Re: New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post by Rakumel »

Aww :( I wish I'd known for sure that they were giving out extra stuff before I battled more brutes and minions. Least I haven't quiiiiiite maxed out on them yet. Nice of them to do that, though :)
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Battling has never been my strong suite but yay for those who love it getting to have it here. ^-^ I was able to take out a few minions before I was bored. No way I'm trying for the cap. I was just lucky I had a decent enough weapon that could take them out in one swing a couple times before they were to high. As for the brute and the fiend, no way. Makes me wish I had my lab pet on my main account. XP
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Alicorn wrote: Makes me wish I had my lab pet on my main account. XP
So transfer it over for the duration of the plot and then send it back home again? Your account should easily be old enough for you to have at least two each way per month, I'd think.

</nosy>
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
duenorth

Post by duenorth »

The Brutes aren't actually too bad to start out-- although I've gotten to the point where both they and the Minions have about the same HP (~60), and now I'm having a heck of a time whacking the Brutes, even though I can normally take down higher HP 1-player opponents with no problems.

I need better training and/or to stop hording NP and finally buy Ylana's Blaster.
old world underground where are you now?
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Kamil wrote:
Alicorn wrote: Makes me wish I had my lab pet on my main account. XP
So transfer it over for the duration of the plot and then send it back home again? Your account should easily be old enough for you to have at least two each way per month, I'd think.

</nosy>
I was planning on doing just that actually. Then I realized I don't have the room to store a pet from my main and then move my lab pet over. I made a new account (I had only 4 accounts) so I would have room but when I went to do so, I realized I couldn't. **headesk** Unless there is a way I can trade one for the other without after to put a pet to the side? I've only used the transfer a couple times so I'm not very savvy on it. ^-^;
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

You can directly swap your lab pet with a pet from your main account; you don't need a spare space. =D

When you go to the pound, select the middle transfer door. When you use it, click the transfer button under the pet you're sending away, and you'll get a popup, asking you which account you want to transfer the pet to. If you've friended your side, it'll be in a drop down list, if not, type it in. Then click okay, and a new page will load. On that page, under the request for your PIN (if you've set one for pound things) it will say that if you want to exchange your pet for one of that account's pets 'click here'. Click there, and you can pick the pet you want to swap with from a list of all of that account's pets, along with the adoption fee.

You click the 'exchange Neopets' button, then go accept the transfer on your side, and you're done! =D

Very easy, just make sure you haven't blocked user-to-user transfers on your main or side before you start, because if you try and use it on an account with transfers blocked, it'll take up one of your transfers for the month telling you so. And that's no fun, so do make sure to check first if you're not sure.

It's super-simple, and very intuitive, once you've started.

Good luck! =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I might have missed it, but another reminder:

If you're battling with an expensively-painted pet, be aware that battling these wraiths will drain your pet's happiness, and you don't want the chance for a randomly blued pet, i'm sure.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I'm kind of suspecting we'll get more battling as the plot goes on. I went and edited my weapons recommendation post at PPT in anticipation of this. If you're wondering which weapons are cheap but good, check it out! TNT seems to have added some great weapons lately; I didn't know Rainbow Scroll existed, for example, and it is normally crazy underpriced for a nine-iconer at around 20k (not right now, though, heh... plot inflation). Flaming Log Launcher, normally just 1k, is an eight-iconer... wow.
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Kamil wrote:You can directly swap your lab pet with a pet from your main account; you don't need a spare space. =D

When you go to the pound, select the middle transfer door. When you use it, click the transfer button under the pet you're sending away, and you'll get a popup, asking you which account you want to transfer the pet to. If you've friended your side, it'll be in a drop down list, if not, type it in. Then click okay, and a new page will load. On that page, under the request for your PIN (if you've set one for pound things) it will say that if you want to exchange your pet for one of that account's pets 'click here'. Click there, and you can pick the pet you want to swap with from a list of all of that account's pets, along with the adoption fee.

You click the 'exchange Neopets' button, then go accept the transfer on your side, and you're done! =D

Very easy, just make sure you haven't blocked user-to-user transfers on your main or side before you start, because if you try and use it on an account with transfers blocked, it'll take up one of your transfers for the month telling you so. And that's no fun, so do make sure to check first if you're not sure.

It's super-simple, and very intuitive, once you've started.

Good luck! =D
Oh thank you so much! **hugs** ;-; I didn't even know that you could do this. Learn something new everyday! And you're right, so super easy once you know.

And thank you so much for that list Cranberry! That's great!
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I want to say that I'm really kicking myself for not investing in battledome stuff these past few weeks, when I was thinking about it even. Faerie abilities for instance, and I really wish I were dual wielding something better than the Psellias Fighting Fans I picked up yesterday last minute (the only 9-iconer I could find buyable still). Curses.

War inflation is crazy, I have known this but never actually witnessed it. I may have to sell off my codestone hoard.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I haven't had time to fight as much as I'd like, but I'm still loving that we can fight at all. It's also nice to get the bonuses for fighting beyond the caps. I really, really hope we eventually get some harder opponents too.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I still need 8 of the brutes to reach the cap (if it is 30)
Thank you Kamil for the labpet switch tip. I'm fighting with my labbie now, but he's missing the faerie abbilities that my codestone trained pet has. Guess you can't have it all.

As for my battle set. It is a bit of a mismatch, but I tried checking the weapons I have on battlepedia and selected 8 of them that way. So far I'm liking this plot!
Kari

Post by Kari »

Yeah, war inflation makes me wish I had bought some things up at the start of the plot to resell. Not like I was actually playing the site before now, but hey.
derp
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I hope they release some more furies (and that I manage to catch them)! I pretty much ignored the battling this weekend due to basic lack of interest in Neopets anymore, and basic lack of interest in the plot after I got frustrated with the second plot step and quit.

But one I actually started beating stuff up in the BD my interest has perked up again, so I hope I get another shot at the Furies (and some higher-level opponents, too).
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Furies tend to come out within a few minutes of all the minions on the site being cleared, so stalk, is all the advice I can give :P
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.