Chocolate & Camouflage Jetsams

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
gomababe

Re: Chocolate & Camouflage Jetsams

Post by gomababe »

Actually, I think Huggles may be right with the Camo being based off the angel shark. The patterning looks similar and it would be a neat homage to another real life animal. Plus if said Jetsam lived off a volcanic island the sand wouldn't exactly be white or gold now would it?
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

chocolate is very nice on this pet i love that the whipped cream is not overdone the camo is a little hard to see the colors but overall not a bad day for this pet.
lar

Post by lar »

Oh man. Chocolate is cute and the details are nice, but camo. Freakin camo, man. That is BEASTLY.

I'm not entirely sure what it's based on in particular; maybe the zebra bullhead shark or another type of bullhead? They're generally dark colored and stripey. But in any case, it's bitchin' looking and I think it's way believable for a pet that's so closely based on a real animal. For the people that say "wtf is brown going to blend in with underwater", what about the seabed? Or rocks? Most sharks are shallow water creatures. The only actual marine life that uses blues for camouflage live a lot deeper.
Oops, my karma ran over your dogma.
icicledragon4

Post by icicledragon4 »

The chocolate is nice looking. Normally I hate the look of whip cream on the chocolate pets, but the way they did it on the jetsam is very good.
Now onto the camouflage jetsam. One Word: EPIC. Many more words: I to was unsure what color this creature was, and thought it was a new color. It is awesome. It is most likely to look like something blending in the sand. I really like the contrasting colors.
tagcat

Post by tagcat »

The camouflage is genius! Its based on seaweed, can you see it? Its a camouflage that's not stupid army deign with different colours. The detail put into making the orange outlines look organic is impressive.
Chocolate looks delicious, and the white chocolate has lovely flaws and dotty mistakes like the maker was a apprentice.
Very impressed with these two

Post by 23639377 »

The details on camo are win. That's all. :)
(Forum set is under construction)
apiaceae

Post by apiaceae »

When I saw the camo Jetsam, I was pretty sure it was supposed to represent the sea floor. You can see the rocks and the mud blend in togetherm, along with the brown markings which I'm guessing are gaps.
Elucifer

Post by Elucifer »

I find this Camo Jetsam very cool. Like Huggles said, I think it's an Angel Shark reference, but who knows. o.o