Human avatars

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Human avatars

Post by Wingsrising »

Great avs, guys! Ty, I vote Pyramidhead.

Wow, it's been so long since I made a new avatar I'm out of practice. I didn't enter the Halloween contest because I couldn't think of what to be -- I'm glad this is a generic costume contest, not a cosplay.

My first problem: my inability to admit that it's December already:

OK, got that out of my system. Now, let's play with some new toys:
It's because she's a snow goddess, that's why. Snow goddesses don't get cold.

Then I figured, basically every snow-themed avatar I've made since the Bridal trunk came out has used the Bridal dress. Why fight it?

Wow, holy monochromatic, Batman! Let's get some color in there. How about some blue?

No, bluer!

Come on, REALLY blue!

OK, fine, I give up. Be all white, see if I care.

Dunno, do you guys think I should go with one of those? Which one? Or, should I go with my favorite Winter av from last year:

In other news, I really, REALLY wanted to use the Sapphire Tank in a winter-themed avatar. But I couldn't find a bottom that I thought it looked good with. Most of the time Mini-Me ended up looking like she'd been sliced in half diagonally, thusly:

Any suggestions?
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I vote for Pyramidhead all the way Ty! It has more of the holiday spirit to me. **nods**

Wings; I like the first blue one but I also like the idea of your last one. Though you're snow goddess one is pretty sexy. ^3^
As for your Sapphire Top, I looked at a few of the wearables I have and I think the flowerset skirt doesn't look to bad with it. You get some exposed skin but you can always play around with it. Also I like the way it looked with the snow queen dress. Just some ideas. It's such a pretty tank.

Everyone has such pretty winter HAs! I have my work cut out for me. I shall be working out mine later.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Here's what I plan to be entering! Just need to borrow a couple of items and can enter. :3 And yes, I jacked a hair combo I've used before. And yes, she's going to be really cold. XD
Subeta: Thomas
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I like it a lot, Tom! The background is really cool. I also like the head accessory combo.
Image Image
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

I'm also loving your entry Tom. I love all the layering you did, came out beautifully! And don't worry about recycling combos, I'm doing the same thing. XD

I present my entry which is a updated outfit I've done before.
My winter sprite! I really enjoyed making it.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I was so pissed off by the YOU MUST USE A SNOWY BACKGROUND dictate, since, yanno, I hate backgrounds on my HAs, that I threw together the first thing I could find. Hopefully there will be an achievement for entering. I didn't enter either of the two cosplay contests since I would feel a bit odd dressing up like Buffy or Xena. So hopefully, there will be one for this stupid thing.

It's ugly and the shoes are stupid, but I couldn't make myself try harder. So here I am, just chock-full of fail. =D

Edit: I forgot to add how much I like what everyone else is entering. Wings, I actually like your first example, the grayish one; she has a quiet presence, that makes her seem like a powerful wood-goddess or some such. Tom, amazing, as always. If that Argo headpiece is one of the things you need to borrow, I'd be happy to toss it your way. Alicorn, you always do such a good job with these contests; I always love your characters.

Marah, I adore your elf, but is is wrong that she reminds me of Neo's earth faerie? =D Cyro, I love what you did, and can't imagine anyone who wouldn't see it as a Christmas photo in a frame.

And, Ty? I'm so voting for decapitated!Melody. I mean seriously, who doesn't want to slice her head off? I'd vote for that one on that basis alone. =D

Everyone else is awesome too. We're a very well-dressed forum, on the whole. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I like your avatar Kamil, I tried making a blueish/white avatar but I failed. Yours is simply nice and the colours match, nothing wrong with it! :)
Also, I didn't understand your comment about the earth faerie and untill I went back and saw that I hadn't linked to a printscreen avatar but to the actual and allready changed one. I was probably lazy! I have updated the picture to my actual, and more classic elfish, elf.

But now I can't help but look at my current avatar and see the earth faerie...

Anyway, while I'm still trying to figure out what would have been wrong with a buffy or Xena avatar ( would have gotten my votes!) I'm going to confuse Wingsrising a little more and put my vote in for the monochromatic snow goddess. I don't think anyone has voted for that one yet, but I like how the clothes match with the tree background.

I absolutely agree with the fact that this is an excellent bunch of entries, I hope I get to vote for some!
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I liked my old avatar so I tweaked it to be more wintery then autumny. Not my best, but I like it.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Do the snowlflakes count, or do you actually have to have a snow background of some type?

Here's what I came up with:

It's a little odd, but I couldn't come up with anything. I really need to start putting things in my wardrobe. I've just been so lazy with Subeta since the plot over on Neo started.

I guess she's part bird, mostly human.
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Awwww thanks Kamil! **blush** I quiet like yours too. The cape and the scarf go great together! Also what eyes are you using? They are so pretty.

Your's is real cute Joey. I love the colour of the hair.

And nice job on yours Gumdrops. I like the eye combination.

I'm with Kamil. We have a very well dressed form. ^-^
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

You guys all have such nice HA's. Really creative. I never would've thought up something like Cyro's Luminaire photo one. I tend to get overly focused on making sure my colors match, and then I worry that it's too matchy and stuff like that, lol.

Ty - I vote for the mistletoe/shield head one.

And Wings, I really like the one with the Aphrodite flowers. She looks very regal.

I think there needs to be more default lipstick mouths. Or just ones that show the lips instead of just a black outline. I end up using the red racer ones all the time because I don't like the other defaults. I do use the lip items, but sometimes, like with this HA, I've already got too many face items on and I have to settle for a default.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Marah, I didn't mean to imply that there would be anything wrong with dressing up like Xena or Buffy (the only two I could think of trying, then or now), but that simply put, I'd feel like a big dummy if I did the dress-up thing. But then again, I never liked dressing up for Halloween, even when I was a kid. Costumes R Not Me. However, I quite like seeing what others come up with. =D

Alicorn, I always, always use six layers on my face (and would be quite happy to have six more available) and in this case, five of them are being used on my eyes. From the bottom, it's Sui Apricot Blush (which comes up just high enough on the face to add that ickle bit of color to the bottom of my eyes), then next is the High Elf Delicate Eyeshadow Container (the brows), then the Rainyday Light Eyeliner, then Icy Shimmerdust, then Sui Brown Liquid Liner. As well, I had gone to whatzherface on the Islands and had her paint my face with the third from the bottom right row - the white one that goes just in front of the ears and over the nose.

I'm kinda surprised I didn't find a use for the Donna eyes, since I almost always have those on the very top of my face, but I really like the Advent Calendar eyes; I've wanted blue eyes for a long, long time. ♥
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine »

everyone has such wonderful HAs, I do agree we are a very well dressed forum!

Kamil, I did not dress up for the cos play contest, I was not interested. But I tried for the other and did horribly lol. Anyway, I too hope there will be an achievement for entering this one.

One more thing....6 layers for your face? Wow, I am impressed. I have just gotten into layering and used my first oh la la layers for my face for this contest.

Edit: love the winter sprite HA Alicorn, especially the background LOL
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

ImageImage

My November HAs. I dunno what the first one is supposed to be, but I like it. Second is something I threw together for Fireside. She's pantsless because I couldn't find anything that worked with the top. *shrug*

And here's my usual winter HA, with a few tiny changes (I couldn't for the life of me make a new one that looked half-way decent). I love that wig. Now my HA can always be bald because I have a wig for all my favorite outfits. :D
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Marah, I didn't mean to imply that there would be anything wrong with dressing up like Xena or Buffy (the only two I could think of trying, then or now), but that simply put, I'd feel like a big dummy if I did the dress-up thing. But then again, I never liked dressing up for Halloween, even when I was a kid. Costumes R Not Me. However, I quite like seeing what others come up with. =D
Oh don't worry, I didn't think there would be anything wrong with it, I was just curious why you didn't? But now I know :)

and now that I see al these fireside avatars I think they missed an opportunity to have a fireside themed contest!