Pokemon Generation V Thread/Discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Pokemon Generation V Thread/Discussion

Post by Joey »

Yes it is a DS game, and it should work on every DS, from the Phat to the DSi.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

To tide trainers over until March, GameStop's hosting three shiny legendaries for download for the next month or so. If you download one of the legendaries and transfer it to Black or White, you can open up a new area in those games where you can capture a Zoroark.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Thanks for posting about that, Officer! I hope I can get someone to take me. Derek is working in Kentucky (only here for the holidays right now) so I dunno how to get to Gamestop. I wish they'd make them available for download. =\
Image Image
Faun

Post by Faun »

Things like this make me very upset that I don't have a gamestop anywhere near me. ;_; I wish they would do it at other stores like gamestation and game too.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

There's also a second less cool giveaway at Toys R Us for Ash's Pikachu coming up Jan. 30th to Feb. 5th: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?c ... Id=4311963

EDIT: Looks like we'll get the Celebi event too, Feb. 27 through March 7, which will activate both the time travel events in HG/SS and Zorua in B/W: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/L ... lebi_event

Quite a nice build up to B/W's release.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Ooh, Celebi. I still need one of those. Thanks, Joey!

So... I went to GameStop today to try to get the first legendary. Well, actually, I stood at the outskirts of the store and desperately tried to pick up its WiFi signal without having to step foot inside the place. No dice. :[ I'll try again at the store near work tomorrow.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Boo, I was so hoping at least one of these events would be a download. I can't get to a Gamestop unless I get someone to drive me (the downside of not being able to drive. :p). Hell, I don't even think there are Gamestops in Canada. So I'm SOL. La sigh.

I have to admit though, I am quiet excited about B and W coming out. :3 Already have it on my wishlist on Amazon. I shall be preordering later.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I picked up my shiny Raikou today. I don't know how I'll beg someone to take me to Gamestop (or TRU) for the other events. It was a coincidence that I had a ride today. =\
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

If anyone isnt able to get any of these.. Ill clone you one. Since I have a rom.. I can do this :O
Image Image
ImageImage
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

My GameStop does the event (First time ever), so I got my two Raikous alright!

GameStop is a five-minute walk from work, so I'll get the other two as well! Happy
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I may have to take you up on that offer, Chaos. Possibly for all three. I just stopped at the GS near my house today, and they didn't have the download thingie (so then why are they advertising it on the door??). I'm going to see if I can whine someone to take me to another store, which according to mapquest is just down the street, to get them. If not, I'll send you a note. :<

Edit: Also, do you have to do something specific in-game to be able to download these? I remember something about "everyone happy something something", but I can't remember if that's these games or something else.

EditDos: SUCCESS. I was able to get someone to take me to another GS in the area, and did indeed get my Raikous. Three of them. Oh, and my sister got one too. :> Only two to go.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

fff...something somehow, I don't know what, but I lost all rom data for everyon DS game I had on my cyclods...which included all pokemon stuff. Would anyone be so kind as to get me a Raikou? Trade it over to my game (Once I get that far), then I can just clone the hell out of it and give it back.
Image Image
ImageImage
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Eeeee I'm so happy. :D The European release date has been confirmed as March 4th! I thought we'd get duped and it'd be released months later - again. But no! :D Can't wait to play alongside people as opposed to looking on with envy.
Subeta: Thomas
Madge

Post by Madge »

Also, if anyone missed out on a shiny Raikou (or is international and couldn't get one), someone on Reddit has set it up so you can effectively connect to a copy of gamestop's event server on the internet.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comment ... ybe_i_can/

It's up there. I haven't tried it myself, but other people have, so it seems to be legit. Whether the server is up or down is on the page, though.

Tonight I might turn security off of my router and give it a try, though.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I just tried it and it works. o3ob Thanks for telling us, because I have absolutely no way to get to a GS. I hope the same thing can be done for Entei and Suicune.