The Great Pandemic 2011

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Faun

Re: The Great Pandemic 2011

Post by Faun »

I didn't get many of the pastries, but I'm not sure If I'm bothered enough to make a wishlist. ^^;
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

I still need these pastries http://www.subetalodge.org/public/user/ ... /need/true
If anyone has any extras, I'll trade what ever extras I get for them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

It's probably because I don't have a SubetaLodge account, Klaatu, but I can't see your wishlist. :(
fluffy-emo-wolf wrote:I didn't get many of the pastries, but I'm not sure If I'm bothered enough to make a wishlist. ^^;
FWIW, and YMMV, after I made my wishlist I noticed I started finding a lot more of the pastries I didn't already have, as opposed to duplicates. That has to be a coincidence, though, because I doubt Keith or Alex would have programmed "x% chance of receiving pastry y if on wishlist" into the event. :P
Faun

Post by Faun »

It's ok now, I'm not getting as many duplicates. :)

Klaatu, I can't see your wishlist either. :(
Neopets || Subeta
Tumblr ||Twitter
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I suck at pasty collecting, so I'm gonna pilfer some trades :D I'm also in need of boxes to open, since I failed hard at the SAI inspection achievement since it was so short.

Feel free to counter-pilfer my trades, or you can trade for stuff in me wishlist.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

I feel like an idiot asking, but...what was the whole point of the SAI-injection-pseudo-zombie deal? I got injected twice and spent most of that time finding broken bottles in the Underground. Which I kinda don't need because I have tons of useless junk (that the Recycle Beast never friggin' asks for) already. I also found a hidden easy battle opponent, which was something, I guess. I finally let the injections wear off and got a real infection because it seemed like the zombies had more to do. Of course, now I have to wait until the disease progresses until I can do anything else...

But once I'm able to grab some pastries I'll try to help out, assuming the whole thing's not over by then! XD
moonsyne

Post by moonsyne »

I assume that the Underground's various variety of Scraps of Paper is what will be useful.
Random events are giving Snippets of Paper as well, but I could be completely wrong.
Image Image
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

How did you get infected by SAI Rakumel? Do I have to be zombie free to get that achievement?
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I think the SAI's infections was just the staff giving non-zombies a chance to see the Underground a bit and to obtain the new challenger(s). As a battler, I'd be ticked off if a new challenger was released and I didn't have access to them (or an equal alternative) because of which team I chose in a plot.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Marah wrote:How did you get infected by SAI Rakumel? Do I have to be zombie free to get that achievement?
I believe you do - I wasn't infected at the time. I got the injection through a random event with a link. Basically you agree to be a "junior agent" for the SAI or somesuch, and you get injected with a fake zombie infection. The injection only lasts about 24 hours and doesn't affect your HA nearly as much as the real infections do.

And if the whole thing was to get access to a challenger and maybe an achievement or two, that's fine. I was just very confused, is all XD
Marah

Post by Marah »

Thanks for the explanations!

AAand subeta is down again, gosh it is so slow. Anyway, is there anything else to do besides clicking around to find the second pylot challenger? It will probably be way to big for my pets, but just in case I want a chance at those pretties goodies it drops.

Nevermind, I just found out I already have him as a challenger, and also that he is waaayyy too big for me. too bad.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Trading boxes on the boards makes me feel harried. Skitterz makes me feel harried. But no longer, I say! Box achievements are complete, so I'll be sending all my extras to people who still need them. So who needs boxes?

I've got a lot of extra pastries that I'm trading for papers. If anyone's interested. o_o

Also, a pictoral translation of pastries to letters. Sorry for the squigglies.
Spoiler: open/close
Faun

Post by Faun »

I need lots more boxes. :) I've only opened about 20.
Neopets || Subeta
Tumblr ||Twitter
Marah

Post by Marah »

I also still need some boxes to open for the achievement! I do have a complete collection, so I will look at peoples wishlists or collections (if you post the link here, they are hard to find!) tonight and see if I can help some people out with pastries that I have extra.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I was so glad to be done opening boxes ... until I heard that some of those pieces of paper are in them. So, I'm opening my boxes still.

I don't know if anyone here still needs pastries for their collections, but I have a few free trades up. Just ignore the "ps-ers only" comments.

I'm also closing in on the one kissing achievement - last I checked I was somewhere around 850 given, but only up to 540 or so received. I don't think that second one is going to happen this year.

Oh and I've been automatically returning any boxes sent to me, so please don't take that the wrong way if I've sent yours back to you - it seems that most people want them returned so they can open them.