The Great Pandemic 2011

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Re: The Great Pandemic 2011

Post by Alicorn »

You can also get the paper from opening pastry boxes but that's rare too.
I'm also hoping this last a few days. What with the lag and needing so many pieces of paper, 40 in all. o.O I'm going through now and wishlisting the ones I need. Then I'm going to throw my extras in trades and hope for people to trade pieces I need like I did with the pastries.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Oh yeah; I opened about 40 boxes after they added the paper and didn't get a single scrap. So. Yeah. That was fun.

I guess I'll wishlist the ones I need too, and do a search to see who wants my duplicates. Just as soon as the site lets me. ;)
Image Image
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

I opened about the same amount and only got 1. Yup, they want to work us hard.
I'll be doing the same as much as the site let's me as well. Just finished adding the ones I needed to my wishlist.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

So it seems that the papers have some purpose. I've decided to be organised for a change - you can see all my spares here and the ones I still need here if anyone fancies trading. Commenting me would probably be best. :)

And to everyone who has sent me kisses and boxes and things like that - big thanks. :D I am all done with the boxes and almost there with receiving kisses. I'll be trying to kiss a few more people before the event ends - I've been teaming up with one of my friends to get them done, so when I usually try and return the favour, I'm told I need to wait a few more minutes and proceed to get distracted. And the cycle repeats.
Subeta: Thomas
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Thank you to the people who sent me pastries and boxes: I have a full pastry collection now. Sorry for not sending out as many kisses, etc. as I might have: I'm sort of locked in grading hell at the moment.

Can non-zombies no longer get inoculated to infiltrate the Underground? I can't find the link anymore.

EDIT: Never mind, Big Brother gave me the event that gives the link again. :-)
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

I have the following spare pieces of paper if anyone needs them:
Bent Snippet of Paper x1
Scratchy Snippet of Paper x1
Wrinkled Snippet of Paper x2
Small Scrap of Paper x1
Messy Scrap of Paper x1

And these are the pieces that I still need if anyone wants to trade: http://subeta.net/wishlists.php?cat=93277
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I figured we'd be needing these, so I've slowly been collecting them. I still need too many, though. Does anyone know if they're assembled in the same way or a completely random order for everyone?

Trades.
Wishlist.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

AngharadTy wrote:It had better go on for a while--do many people actually have complete collections of snippets and scraps?! I mean, one comes from the underground, right? I mostly get broken bottles. And one comes from random events--I get almost all Skitters events, very very rarely a piece of paper. I dunno, they have to give us a while to try to cope with this!
I'm getting really unnerved by these events. First there was the Masquerade "mystery", and now this - the kissing and the pastries and the underground and the pieces of paper. We want to do all the kissing we can, but we can't get them done for the day and head off; the (random) timer means that we have to stay on the site for as long as possible. What's more, Skitters' pastry boxes are a random event, so if we want them we need to rack up as many pageviews as possible - and on top of that, the Underground has a timer and random spoiler items, and the pastries we get and the papers we might or might not get are another layer of randomness. It's practically the definition of intermittent reinforcement.

I haven't really been keeping up. At first it was just that I don't really have the patience for this kind of thing - there just isn't that much to do on Subeta while you're sitting around waiting for random events, and much as I might like to participate in the plot, refreshing over and over isn't worth it to me. Thinking about this now, though... is anyone else reminded of Skinner and his boxes?
moonsyne

Post by moonsyne »

Is anyone else having a hard time with the morse code?
I cannot tell when one starts and another begins!

The Snippets are easy enough, but the Scraps are a nightmare!
Image Image
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Thanks everyone who has sent met papers, it's been a big help. ^-^ I've been sending my extras to people that have it on their wishlist.
I have almost all the scraps, just need 2 more. And 5 more of the snippets. Here are the ones I need. I try and repay those who give me a paper with extras I get that they need.

I put together the ones I did have and try and decode them. I haven't tried the snippet yet but the scraps is a pain. So far I've just gotten two words and that is from trail and error. It's so hard to tell the right grouping of dots and dashes. I don't know how hard I'll work at this. Matters if I'm in a patient mood.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I need three of each kind of paper (scraps and snippets, I mean, 3 left of each to complete the puzzles). =( I guess later tonight I should probably give up and buy them, because... well, we're all worried about how long we'll be given.

The scraps puzzle is very, very hard to read. I make my best guess, hope it resembles a word, see what that word would be in morse code, and if the dots and dashes are in the right order, ignore spacing and assume that's it. So far so good, but I'm only a few lines in.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I gave up and bought the last 5 pieces I needed. If I find any more, I'll put them up in trades for you guys.

I agree that the scraps page is very hard to read. So far, I've gotten some pretty weird sequences. Can somebody tell me what an "aiosa" is? XD
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

okay...here are my extras...first come first served:
Curved Snippet of Paper
Dirty Scrap of Paper x2
Dog-Eared Scrap of Paper
Curled Scrap of Paper

I only have like 6 pieces total (both snippets and scraps) as I seem to keep getting duplicates.

claimed!
Last edited by shaelyn76 on 24 Feb 2011 03:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I need curved, dirty and dog-eared, heh. I haven't started collecting in earnest yet. I may end up buying a bunch.

I have an extra thin scrap and bent snippet if anyone needs those.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Too much to do, not a lot of time to do it in. Not making for the most fun event...

Anyway, I finished pastries, but I'm still behind on box opening and sending. I figure sending is easier, so I'm tossing boxes back at whoever sends them to me. Still annoyed that the inspection one was so short. I'm also so behind on paper it isn't funny, listed them on my wishlist. Don't have many to trade in exchange, but what I have is here http://subeta.net/trade/search.php/find:Johwee