Daily Dare!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
DamionDarkheart

Re: Daily Dare!

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I had the same problem and ended up making the game window smaller so I wouldn't have to move the mouse as drastically
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Since these are all games I have played in Daily Dare before, it's been really easy. Especially considering last year I was in Disney World, trying to play games on my laptop every night after the parks. Lame! I eventually had to give it up.

I like Daily Dare because of the nice prizes. There's usually a great wearable or two given out. I also like playing games.
Rah

Post by Rah »

I found CC on firefox to be impossible because of the choppiness, but I was able to get over 3500 on Chrome. I really love using neopets on Chrome, so much smoother!

I really didn't think I'd be able to get the AAA score for today when my first CC score was about 900. Took me about 15 run throughs to get the hang of it!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I caved in and challenged Abigail on this one, since my high score is just over 1000. I'm not so good at most games, but this time i'll try to get a score every day, one way or another. And i'm not going to click the challenge button until i'm ready to send my score. Usually the Daily Dare double challenges are the ones that are easy for me, thankfully.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I should have thought to try in Chrome, Rah! I just challenged Abi, though. I'm going to try not to let Daily Dare infuriate me this year. ;)
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I /HATE/ faerie bubbles and I played until 1000 before I challenged either of them. It took me a while but I finally got there and then Double Dared AAA. Only to have a glitch occur and the game tell me to restart. And now I just can't get to 1000 again. RAGE.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I love Faerie Bubbles and submitted a score of 2,307. I had a glitch when I tried to submit another score for the world challenge, though. I hate that.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I scored 2199

Problems processing score... Close window... restart game... try again...

And I remembered why I hate game challenges so much. I will try again, because I know I can get >1000 again, but after that my page clicks will be going to subeta again. grumble grumble.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Since I know you all care, I just got it now. ;) This is the first Daily Dare I've tried in since... it started I think. Games have always been my weakest point with Neopets.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Ugh I haaaaaaate faerie bubbles. Took me about 5 gos to get over 1000, but I did it! Then I felt even happier because there's a glitch sending scores right now. I think I would have cried if I'd had to do it again xD 3 DOWN :D (also the background for beating AAA is so boring. And is also listed as a background item in the wardrobe, so you can't have things like garlands and whatnots D: That's gotta be a mistake!)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Damn it! I wasn't paying attention and meant to challenge Abigail because there is no way in hell I can get 1000 points on Fairie Bubbles, but when the pop-up about the Daily Dare came up I accidentally challenged AAA. I'll try it off and on today, but I highly doubt I can beat AAAs score :(
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I had a bit of trouble beating AAA at Crisis Courier before (my high score was around 1500) but managed to pull it off after about half an hour - ended up with 4750. It was really choppy for me too (lagging for a second = death) but I restarted my laptop, and it started co-operating. Managed to beat AAA without too much trouble today - I didn't end up using the codes, but with them, I don't think it should be too much trouble. I usually restarted until the first couple of levels are pretty good - and cleared easily - to rack up a nice score to start with. But yeah, if you're stuck on a level, just use 'bubbles' then 'faerieland' - first to turn all the bubbles to one type, and then to get a rainbow bubble. ;) 'slumberberry' resets the lines so is useful if you're just about to perish. And 'stardust' gives you a nova bubble.
Subeta: Thomas
Kari

Post by Kari »

Somehow got the Faerie Bubbles Double Dare on the first try. I followed what Tom said (thanks!) about the codes.
derp
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Here's what I do:

I try to clear the first level in eight moves or fewer for 90-100 points. If I start with any bubbles that aren't yellow/blue/red, I restart. If I get yellow bubbles in my cannon, I restart (I want just blue and red). It usually only takes a couple of restarts, if that.

I want to have 450+ points by level six. 500+ is preferred. This isn't too hard if you get lots of red/yellow/blue in your levels.

I use the "slumberberry" code whenever I'm about to die. This is usually level 14, but sometimes level 8.

Level 10 usually involves a setup like this. Clear the blue ones first, then shoot red ones into the spaces to burn away everything else. If you get other colors, shoot them into the corners (against the purple in that screenie) out of the way.

I use the "bubbles" code, then the "faerieland" code in level 15, clearing the level in one shot. (I restart if my bubbles turn green or purple, but white is great. If you're only aiming for 1000, you shouldn't have to restart.)

I use the "stardust" code in level 18, doing a bank shot to hit the top bubble and clear the level in one shot. Guides will show you exactly where to position your cannon.

You get 250 points added to your score in the last level even if you die, so don't worry much about it. The only thing is that if you're doing really well, don't let your score go over 2249 before you die, because then your end score will be 2500+ and it will be reviewed.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

3/3 so far.

Faerie Bubbles is a good game for me. I'm not trophy good, but I can routinely get over 2000. All of that playing Snood paid off. We were all obsessed with that game in middle school. lol

I don't know why I don't have it in my faves as a daily game.