Maratcite and Glowing Shoyru

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Xelio

Maratcite and Glowing Shoyru

Post by Xelio »

ImageImage

Maractite pleases me well enough. The swirls are contoured to the body for the most part and aren't too overpowering. I do like how the one on the stomach looks sort of like a heart.

Poor glowing apparently has some kind of necrotic rot on the tips of it's feet. That bit of yellow shade to the green there is not good times.

I always forget just how pudgy shoyru are until I get a close look at them again. Can't see how the poor dears manage to fly, unless their plump stomachs are full of helium or some other light-weight element. And while I'm at it, here are their new clothing offerings for the year. Must bite to only get a new outfit once per year.

ImageImage
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Maracite and Glowing Shoyru

Post by AngharadTy »

Maractite seems a bit muted, but in a way I really like. The designs are just lovely. I especially like the heart-looking bit on the stomach.

Glowing, ugh. Xelio, you summed up my thoughts--necrotic rot indeed.
Image Image
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Trench foot, that's what it is. Somehow nuclear radiation and trench foot have combined to sire this beastly color. I often like glowing pets, or at least find them to have a certain charm, but not this one.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Yay, Maractite and Glowing. Called it :-D

Maractite is very pretty - good swirly patterns, quite toned down. I especially like the shiny highlights e.g. on the wings. Not sure about the three dots above its mouth, but otherwise excellent.

Glowing is a solid recolour, competent enough but it won't set the world on fire. But I don't see the rottiness of the feet that you all can.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Kantark wrote:Yay, Maractite and Glowing. Called it :-D
Good job! :P

Both colors are not spectacular but are not bad either.
Shiny Neomysterion

Re: Maratcite and Glowing Shoyru

Post by Shiny Neomysterion »

I was expecting an 8-Bit Shoyru for today, I guessed wrong.
The Maractite colour looks mighty cool on the Shoyru, and Glowing is still alright in my terms. :)
A.K.A.: D-Pad Doc, Neomysterion, The Plushie Ultimatum, and Dr. Meepit Tower et al.
Twitter | Facebook | Neopets (main)
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

Shoooyruu.
Always looking forward to this day. My first foray into Neopets was with a blue one.

I like Maractite a lot, it's very subtle, and the heart is just cute.

Glowing is... as stated near constantly, glowing.
tagcat

Post by tagcat »

The Maractite Shoyru would be alight if it was a bit brighter.. The swirls seem to dull sadly. I like the torso and lower body patterns but the wings and face seem a bit too schoolboy-doodle like to me.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I'm shocked, this long and no glowing shoyru until now. They both don't look that good, I do like the thought of a pet with necrotic flesh though.