Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Larkspurlane

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Larkspurlane »

Ahh, figures.

(I typed this calmly, but I'm raging inside, and really want to add twelve exclamation marks and some random numbers to the end of that.)

It has been um *looks up a side* 290 days or somewhere thereabouts! I wish I had an exciting story to tell but it's basically job/move/BF/GREYHOUNDS!!/etc and virtual worlds faded to the background! Then I bought Pokemon Black and was reminded of how much I like taking care of pixel creatures and then I logged back onto neo. Yes... did I miss any other interesting developments? I shall go browse neocolours and find out!
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I just got warned AGAIN. xD I used 'fml' in a post without thinking about it - tadaa, warning appears! I need to start reading over everything I type. Blah. Why can't they just filter it instead of sending me a warning? :|
Subeta: Thomas
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Cranberry -- Congratulations! What an amazing achievement!

In other news, my new word for the day is FML.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Lark, yay!

I was very happy when I came across these eyedrops when sorting out the eyedrop drawer in the pharmacy I worked at last summer (because you have to take what you can get when it comes to date-checking):
http://images.medscape.com/pi/features/ ... 021110.jpg
Yes, they are FML eye drops. For when life gives you one in the eye.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I've been zapping a couple chias for some fruit colours that I've been after, today I got one!

Nutiel the Grape Chia!
Fury

Post by Fury »

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Aisha Scalawag' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!
After days and days and days over years of trying I have finally, FINALLY achieved the coveted Buried Treasure avatar. I seriously can't believe it!
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Nooo..the one time they have a game I can actually beat Better Than You, I am not home to be the top ten to upgrade my trophy.. :(
Image Image
ImageImage
Madge

Post by Madge »

However, today's LC was all mathematics and geometry. As an engineering student who has a mathematician for a partner, we spent 10 minutes working on the problem together and came to an answer that is hopefully correct.

But, shit, I just now realised that I submitted the answer in cubic metres rather than in litres. So all that work was wasted :(
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

D'oh! Could your partner sign up for Neopets? Just to enter the LC?

Those geometric LC questions completely baffle me. I have no idea what a regular triacontakaihenagon (or an irregular one, for that matter) even looks like!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

This was a nice surprise after finishing up DD:

Hi element02,

Your score of 42,792,205,165 in The Return of the Return of Dr. Sloth has been reviewed and accepted.

You have been awarded 1,000 neopoints. If you qualified for an avatar, that has also been awarded.

When I first played through I got the server error message.

Woo! Go UMass!!!!!!!!!
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I made a new account, bought a codestone off someone in the trading post and they sent me 2 baby paintbrushes saying they were quitting :) Sold them both and got a mutant kau. Pretty badass.
(oh, hello again)
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Got to level 50 in Habitarium.

This is a seriously nice, easy way to make money. Not that I was hurting for NPs, but it's still nice to be making it with so little effort.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Just be careful not to get glitched! I've been locked out for about a month, now :( (Check out the habitarium forums, I think there are a few threads that mention what glitches there are...I was got because I refreshed the screen whilst there were a lot of purple gems on it)
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Well it took a whole 3 days, but I got the two pets I wanted (mutant Kau and mutant Koi) and a trophy for Hannah and the Pirate Caves. I know, slacking or what?
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Trophy haul!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

And mild bitching! I submitted a score in The Return of the Return of Dr. Sloth that was eventually bumped down to silver (unacceptable - I was shooting for top of the list). Resubmitted with a score that would have put me in second place overall...except the score was sent for review and my original score was taken down. I'm still waiting on it to post, irately, as it's still the second best score this month. I'm still gunning for that top spot (it's going to happen), I'm just miffed that I was gypped out of an improved trophy.

I also was trying for the Slots Big Losers trophy to no avail. There's always next month I suppose.

(Should a thread be made specifically for monthly trophies/avatars?)
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image