Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Tom »

Brag: I finally got the whack-a-staff member avatar a couple of weeks ago. Didn't actually take too long once I sat down and tried for it properly. I've always avoided it for some reason... I think my interest in Neo was starting to wane when it was released. But yeah, avatar #323!

Woe: I've started to do Enda quests again to try and get that bloody avatar. I must've done over 600 quests by now and still nothing. I know that only three item quests award it but... my heart has once again stopped skipping when I claim them. I had 7 three-items the other day and nothing. 5 today. Frustrating is an understatement. And my NPs are starting to take a hit, too, I'm down to 375k. Of course, what's more annoying is that the avatar supposedly isn't random, only, nobody knows what the solution is. So I'm just throwing my Neopoints at quests that have no chance of giving me the av. Sulk. Sulk.

On the brighter side of things, I think I might be in line for the Typing Terror and Carnival of Terror avs soon. CoT is one I never really bothered with and TT has always scared me away - I was never able to beat the boss. But the other day I played for a few hours, and can now beat him quite comfortably. Just need to get lucky with lots of sparking robots!
Subeta: Thomas
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Dear drwasp,

Congratulations! You have guessed correctly in the Lenny Conundrum game (round 396). You have won 1242 NP!

Yours Sincerely,
The Neopets Team!

no avatar though =/
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I've done nicely at Food Club these past few days.

Yesterday, I hit two 52:10s and today I hit a 52:10. If I collect right now, I'd be in bronze trophy position. I probably will. I just want the trophy, doesn't have to be gold or anything. Tomorrow's odds suck pretty bad anyway. I made 2 extreme long shot bets that won't hit unless hell freezes over, lol.

One has odds of 8736:1, and the other, 13104:1.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'IOM Moehog' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Fury

Post by Fury »

DamionDarkheart wrote:Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'IOM Moehog' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!
Man, I am so jealous. I can't seem to get this one!

A small achievement for me:

I finally got the Easter Bunny avatar. Yes, it really did take me this long to get it. It's only available by sending an Easter Greeting from April 8th - 10th so I always managed to miss the dates in previous years!

Woe-ish:

I have strictly kept to my New Years resolution of not buying more Neocash so far. However there are so many pretty JJPB items at the moment, ugh. I am trying to trade for some and also the 'Colourful Daisy Foreground' which is really pretty. I have 4 boxes left but it's proving so difficult to just get a few buyables! I have lots of nice retired capsules for trade as well as some other good items but no-one seems to be interested. Even when they are, they want an old retired capsule worth 3-4 for one buyable. Poopie pants.
Tom

Post by Tom »

On the subject of avatar gloats...

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Imposter Apple' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

#324. ;D
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

So I've been messing around on Neopets a bit more the past couple of days. Wanted to have a pet that I could play dress up with so I made space and moved Eastyr, an old lab rat, over to my main account and morphed her into a Speckled Elephante. Elephante morphing potions are expensive 0_o

Anyway, I was going though my closet and came across a Steam Jacket, which I got for the Atlas of the Ancients plot and promptly forgot about. And holy shit, it is priced at 8mill on the trading post 0_0 I have never had an item worth even a fraction of that so now I need to go about figuring out how to sell the thing! So uhh anyway interested in a Steam Jacket?!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Aisha Scalawag' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

#313 - Av collector seems reattainable once more! Thanks for waking me up kittyface! Someone's getting treats when it's light out.

BTW Invasion of Meridell is a complete motherfucker and I'm thrilled I never have to play it again. I think I spent around 12 hours straight playing to get that. Leveling everyone up to corporal was the worst. After that it's a lot quicker, but those darigan buzzes are still a royal pain with their monstrous defense
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

Ah, so jealous of Scalawag. Have of course been trying for years, to no avail. And personally I love IOM! I suppose it can be a tad monotonous, but I'd say it's one of the more enjoyable games out there.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Yay, my pet zuriika reached 1,000 hp today ^_^

Congratulations! zuriika now has increased Endurance!!!

zuriika (Level 390)

Lvl : 390
Str : 716
Def : 722
Mov : 318
Hp : 1003 / 1000

It was originally my goal for this past new year's, but I obviously didn't make that. I've been training slowly and just put in an extra effort in the past week or so to make it by my birthday, today.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Congrats! That's a big milestone. Did you negg, train, or both?
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Thanks. =) He's had a few sneggs, but not many. Less than 10 I'd say. He started as a lab-trained pet then I started evening out his stats in 2007 when he had about 280 hp, 250 str, 85 def and 40 level (I have a timeline on his lookup). And I evened out his defense long before armoured neggs were around. I also Kitchen Quested for a while with him, but stopped once I wanted to start controlling his level. Once he's over level 400 I probably will stick to sneggs and KQs.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Achievement!
Spoiler: open/close
Having kept strictly to my New Year's Res of not buying NC, I have been trying to trade off some of my retired caps and other pieces for Gift Box Caps. I've managed to make a few trades but this one made me rather happy!

Ohhh yeah, come to mama... 8)
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

Only kind of an achievement, but I started playing Neopets again! I've been pretty much gone since I lost my old account, but I want to play again seeing all the fun Jay's having.

I'm faerieingrey if you want to be my friend :P just say who you are from here.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Driele won 9th place for Endardor! She's my 3rd pet to get a ppl trophy :)
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy