Mutant Chomby

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Mutant Chomby

Post by NeonDragonfly »

o_o Holy moly they went all out with this guy. It's massive for one thing, much bigger than other Mutant pets, and it looks like it could knock you out with its extra limbs.
I like the colour they've chosen, and it's back spines have nice detail on them. Its face looks a little odd, but other than that it's pretty epic.
Last edited by NeonDragonfly on 24 Aug 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reconnection

Re: Mutant Chomby

Post by Reconnection »

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT XD
I am so totally getting one!! It's so huge and beastly!
I love how it kinda looks UC!! :D
Lou 500

Post by Lou 500 »

Holy frigging cow. I was afraid it was gonna be stuck in the same pose with a fist o' doom. But damn, this thing is great. And it's HUGE.

Just the lutari to go now. I hope it's as epic as this.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Wow! Coooooooooool
I love it.
I bet Scythemantis will say it's the best Mutant since the Ogrin.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Whoa, it's huge! Many points simply for being so huge.
Image Image
Runic

Post by Runic »

HOLY SHIT.

It looks so beautiful in a full version! It's like Subeta-style shading and art, but still Neopet-ish!
Oh man. I love Mutant Day. It's my favorite holiday on Neo.

GASP. I just remembered:
There's only a few more pets to go and then Mutant will be a completed colour. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! T_T
They'd better come up with a new colour that deforms pets.
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

As usual, it's drawn nice but doesn't take any real advantage of being a mutant. Where's the artist who drew the Kau? :(
I'd have made a mutant chomby's whole head into a giant eyestalk, or its tail as an extra identical head. With so few pets left to become mutants I want to see something new and creative, not just more purple things on growth hormones.

It's still a nice design for what it is, quality art and I do appreciate how huge it is. It's a great new option for dinosaur lovers, way cooler than a regular Chomby, and more threatening than even most Grarrls.

It still just could've been Tyrannian. You know, if they hadn't ruined Tyrannian for no good reason when they went to customization.
Just the lutari to go now. I hope it's as epic as this.
There's a Lutari?
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Hahaha, brilliant!

Absolutely bonkers, from the huge slabs of slate as spines to the crazy-paving spots. That extra pair of arms is inspired, especially in that pose (I wouldn't want to be anywhere nearit right now). It also appears to have my old English teacher's hair. OK, it's more of a monstery mutant than a mutated mutant, but I can see this guy being in high demand.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Yes, that's barely even recognizable as a chomby, let alone mutant. Much like the demon space acara, I think they're occasionally letting awesome pets slip through qual..conformity control and then slapping them with whatever color label some poor intern happens to regurgitate at the time.
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

Yeah, the fact that mutant and maraquan are the only surviving redraws with ANY creative leeway kinda hurts both colors. Things that might have been Darigan or Tyrannian in the past have nowhere else to go :(

They really should add some new redraw colors, but I think some editorial somewhere gave some stupid reason why they never intend to. Lots of people would rather have a unique pose and design than the ability to put pants on things.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Yep. Having a unique pose and interesting design can lead to the far superior ability to take pants off things.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

I don't think it would ever be Tyrannian since TNT says there will never be Tyrannian Grarrls, Tonus and Chombies.

I like very much this style of Mutant, along with the Bruce and Tuskaninny.
Lou 500

Post by Lou 500 »

Scythemantis wrote:
lou wrote:Just the lutari to go now. I hope it's as epic as this.
There's a Lutari?
No, I meant the lutari has yet to be mutated. The poogle does as well.
Scythemantis wrote:Yeah, the fact that mutant and maraquan are the only surviving redraws with ANY creative leeway kinda hurts both colors. Things that might have been Darigan or Tyrannian in the past have nowhere else to go :(

They really should add some new redraw colors, but I think some editorial somewhere gave some stupid reason why they never intend to. Lots of people would rather have a unique pose and design than the ability to put pants on things.
A while ago I came up with the idea that they could come up with body parts that we could stick on our pets to change their poses, such as a wagging lupe tail (animated), rearing uni legs and hands without clenched fists. That way we can keep the clothes but still allow variety for poses.
Reconnection

Post by Reconnection »

I don't think it would ever be Tyrannian since TNT says there will never be Tyrannian Grarrls, Tonus and Chombies.
TNT also said there would be no Baby Krawks and Shadow Usuls, didn't they? o-o
Or at least I thought that's what they said lol
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

I like very much this style of Mutant, along with the Bruce and Tuskaninny.
The Tuskaninny is one of my all-time favorites, but I find it totally different from this one. Tuskaninny is like the Blumaroo, moehog, koi and Gnorbu; it looks grimy and unhealthy, my favorite style for the mutants. I'd possibly like a lot of others better if they had swampier colors, vivid blues and purples don't scream "genetically aberrant monster" so much :p
No, I meant the lutari has yet to be mutated. The poogle does as well.
Oh, there are more than that. The full list is in the first post.