NEW PAINTBRUSH COLOR! (Eventide)

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
twolefts

NEW PAINTBRUSH COLOR! (Eventide)

Post by twolefts »

Have you guys seen the new paintbrush? I think it's goooorgeous.

It's called Eventide. XD
Goldenchaos

Re: NEW PAINTBRUSH COLOR!

Post by Goldenchaos »

Very odd name. But it is very pretty!
Image Image
ImageImage
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Eventide is an archaic word for evening. :)
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I think it's pretty!

It really reminds me of Aqua's Yukaeko design but that's not a bad thing, I've always thought it was lovely. The patterns are different, but the fading style is similar.

If this comes out in a species that I like and is done well, I may have to get myself one. I can see good design potential (though a character might be difficult).
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

That looks pretty cool. I just wish they'd put a little more effort into the legs. That plain gradient just looks sloppy compared to the rest of it.

But the head, oh gosh that's so pretty.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Image Image
ImageImage
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

thelonetiel wrote:I think it's pretty!

It really reminds me of Aqua's Yukaeko design but that's not a bad thing, I've always thought it was lovely. The patterns are different, but the fading style is similar.

If this comes out in a species that I like and is done well, I may have to get myself one. I can see good design potential (though a character might be difficult).
lol, in some ways I like and hate that design for Yukaeko (I changed it again a few years ago) because it's overdone. Back in the days of competing with other people for "original" sparkledragons. :P

That said, I kind of want to paint him this, not that I'll be able to afford the brush (whenever draiks come out in it).
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: NEW PAINTBRUSH COLOR! (Eventide)

Post by Jazzy »

I'm not sure about the red outline, but everything else about it looks great. And I thought of Yukaeko too!
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

Very nice.. I like it.

Don't forget Aisha also came in 8bit today

and it can also be a hipster if you so desire.
Image Image
Fury

Post by Fury »

Oooh, this is interesting!

On the whole I do like it but I can't help but thinking that I would've liked it much more if it had been all starry/blue like the top half. It's really pretty but perhaps a bit awkward to customise as I like to colour co-ordinate. Maybe I'll come round.

8-Bit is one of my least favourite colours so I don't really care about that. No Transparent as I'd hoped. D:
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

Eventide...sure was a surprise :O? hehe....I really like it.....the red outline part though seems a bit off to me....like...why couldnt they have just have the outline also be in gradient with the color? It doesn't bother me that much...but yeh. Overall I think it's better than the stupid swamp gas and wraith colors...and I'd actually try and paint my draik this color if and when it comes out for them! *hopefully soon*
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I absolutely adore this concept (as you might've guessed if you already know I've got a pet named Gloaming and an account named nightfall), and I can't wait to see which other pets they release and what colours they choose. I hope they vary the colourscheme slightly on different pets - The top third of the Aisha is spot-on, but the blue in the middle's maybe a little light for a sunset and I'm not sure about the yellow/red colouring on the legs. The red outline everyone's pointed out already. I think a more pink/purple/deeper blue sunset colouring would be sublime.

Something like the colours on this photograph for instance.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

What a pretty new color. I don't mind the red outline, I think something else might have looked a bit weird. I can't wait to see if Neo does some slight variations on the color theme. Since they can't move the pets around anymore, they sure have made up some creative colors to counter that.

I'm not sure what personality you'd give a pet like this, but at least you'd have some nice eye candy if you ever created one.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

The outline is interesting - it's gradient-filled. The color itself is LOVELY. With Wraith and Water, and now this, i have another side account of pets i'll probably never be able to afford painting.

TNT artists have really come out with some NICE colors over the past three years. It almost makes up for (old repeated mini-rant)
Spoiler: open/close
the overall atrocity of irreversible customization on formerly creative pets...almost, though it's not their fault. :P I like customization but am still sour from the way they implemented it.
Gazella Dama

Post by Gazella Dama »

I have... mixed feelings about this. The top bit is really gorgeous and I like the concept of the fading sunset look. It could be very cool on other pets if they switch up the colors a bit (soft pinks and blues, for example). The smudgy grey 'm-birds' style clouds in the middle, though. Are those supposed to be clouds? No bueno. Looks like sloppy airbrushing.