Wraith Shoyru and Techo

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Wraith Shoyru and Techo

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Image Image

I really like the wings of the Wraith Shoyru, especially the slight twirl on their tips.
The Techo's tail also has this sort of wrapped feel to it, and the mouth is great, looks like it could open it's mouth really wide if it wanted too.
Kantark

Re: Wraith Shoyru and Techo

Post by Kantark »

I'm not sure why exactly, but neither of these have the flat stencil-like appearance I disliked in the previous Wraith pets. I think it might be the shape of the Techo's eye which looks like it bulges out, and the fact the Shoyru's head is clearly in front of its wing. They both have a real sense of depth to them. If I had to find faults I'd say the Techo's right arm gets lost a bit in the swirly patterns, but its twisty tail - and the Shoyru's curly wings - are nice touches that more than make up for it. Both these pets are delightful.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

The wraith Shoyru looks wonderful - the designs, particularity the wings, look great. The pointed toes are also a nice touch. It's probably one of my favorite wraith pets so far.

The Techo's okay, but the way the mouth goes all the way back really bugs me. Granted, Techos have very large mouths, but they shouldn't go all the way back like this. It makes the head look disconnected from the body. Also, the left arm is really indistinct - I thought it was completely forgotten when I first looked at it. I do really love the twisted tail though.

I kind of wish these had a bit more shading to them like the wraith Bruce has, but it's possible that was a one-time thing due to the artist's style, considering the wraith pets that came before and after.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Dang, I love these. The techo's impossible mouth is one of my favorite bits, I think. It looks just a little terrifying. Definitely what I love to see.
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Ahhh. More Wraith pets! I still want to paint my Korbat this colour, but the price of the potion/PB is so much.
Image Image
ImageImage