Bloodred Torrey and Nightmares Cadogre, Chai, and Manchu

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Bloodred Torrey and Nightmares Cadogre, Chai, and Manchu

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Image Image
Image Image

Edit: The Torrey's a revamp, so here's the old image:

Something about the Torrey's pose bothers me, but I can't put my finger on what, except that maybe there's too much chest exposed given that the Torrey seems to have its head tilted downward..? I really like the blood detail on it, though, especially that smiley face on the floor in front of it.

The Cadogre's image seems to suffer from being limited to a box with specific dimensions, namely its wilted spikes. I would have also liked to have seen more "nightmare wisps" around it, but in general I like it.

The Chai is quite possibly the most terrifying pet I've seen on the site. That turned head and barred grin are nightmare fuel.

I think the Manchu's more awesome than scary; the pose is inspiring and I can see this pet getting a lot of use beyond its default nightmare status because of it.
Goldenchaos

Re: Bloodred Torrey and Nightmares Cadogre, Chai, and Manchu

Post by Goldenchaos »

The Torrey's raised arms are what put me off on it. Maybe if the right arm was lowered itd work best? .. I love the Chais' claws.
Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I love the Torrey and the Chai. Super brilliant wowness. I'm not sure either is something I could own myself, but I hope people I like get them so I can admire from afar.
Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

The Torrey is OMG LOVE! I am in awe of how deliciously evil and twisted it looks. The blood dripping off of it as it draws a childlike smiley face on the floor in its own blood is just WOW! I am seriously considering changing River.Tam into a bloodred Torrey instead of her current bloodred malticorn. By far my favorite of this bunch.
Not saying that the rest are inferior though as that Chai is truly creepy. I didn't think that such a cuddly sweet pet could be that downright demonic looking...and I was so very, very wrong. The Manchu looks like an arch villain in a comic book and well done. The cadogre I am not terribly fond of and I can't even say why really. I guess it just isn't my particular taste, but all of these are still very beautifully drawn and I must say have brought a new appreciation for the Nightmare color in general for me.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

shaelyn76 wrote:I am seriously considering changing River.Tam into a bloodred Torrey instead of her current bloodred malticorn.
:shock: Do it. If there was ever a pet that represents River Tam, it's the Bloodred Torrey.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

They're all very well done, but that Nightmare Chai...that pose is perfect. It looks just like a possessed plush animal that, had it been in an actual horror movie, would have its back turned until someone tried to tap it on the shoulder or pick it up. Then it would turn around with that face, there'd be a scream, and the hapless person would draw back a nub where their hand used to be, or something.
_neo_kami_91

Post by _neo_kami_91 »

Have the Subeta artists just done a horror movie marathon or something?!

That blood smiley face is freaking me out...

EDIT: This thread was at the top of the page, thought it was recent. Sorry.
Last edited by _neo_kami_91 on 18 May 2012 08:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

This thread is somewhere over six months old. Please don't bump old threads.