Transparent and Camouflage JubJub

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Transparent and Camouflage JubJub

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Image Image

The Transparent JubJub looks a little odd. I think it's because the organs are all smooshed at the bottom. Though I guess it's hard to fit the internal organs of something that's a ball with feet.
I like the colours they've chosen for the Camouflage, and the shade of blue on the eyes. It won't be very helpful as any sort of practical camouflage, but it's nice to look at.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Transparent and Camouflage JubJub

Post by AngharadTy »

It's arctic camo--it'd blend in north of the Wall! I may be confusing my fandoms.
Image Image
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Wildling Jubjub!

Definitely the sort of camo i'd have chosen considering the cold winds are once again arising. Even more so after seeing the White Walker up close last night. *shivers*
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yep, all it would have to do is mostly-close its eyes and mouth, and it would disappear in the snowy landscape. I hadn't thought of snow camo before except for polar bears and baby fur seals. *phrases that carefully*

Considering the all-ball with big feet anatomy of these, i'd say they did a good job on Transparent, too. At least they didn't attach the stubby legs to the jaw.

The initial impression on the news was "huh, they went with two light-bluish-gray ones today."
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Transparent: I... actually really like this one. Jubjubs are one of the most improbable Neopets, so the anatomy isn't going to be perfect, but this is about as close as you're going to get. I like how the skull has some shape to it and isn't completely round, and they avoided attaching the legs to the jaw. The organs are oddly squished down and don't have a ribcage to hold them in place, but really, where else would you put them? It's a darn good attempt.

Camouflage: I've always liked Camouflage pets with a bit of base color variation. This has some lovely lighting and shading. and the colors themselves are appealing. In some fridge brilliance, this would hide perfectly in the snow - and they'd stay plenty warm because of their fluffy fur!

Two really good colors for the Jubs today.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I think I would've assumed that the internal organs of the Jubjub were also encased in the skull. Otherwise they are really unprotected and I feel that would end poorly. Putting them in the skull might reduce brain space, but when you have nothing but brain space, I feel like it'd be a decent compromise in order to have a protected liver.

I like the camo, colors are really pretty. And yeah, I also noted the similar colors of each Fjorab, made for a non-vibrant news post.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I admire their bravery in attempting Transparent on a pet with such an un-natural anatomy, especially since they've squeezed the heart and intestines in there too (though I agree with Tiel - they appear to be one heavy landing away from instant death.)

Snow-coloured Camouflage is a nice twist on this colour, it looks like it would be very effective.

But, in general, there's not really much you can do with a pet that's based on one of those advertising sticky thingies that were all the rage circa. 1981
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Daww. I'm starting to miss SpongeHead just a wee bit. Camo is lovely.

You know nothing Jub Snow!
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

I wouldn't have even given the jubjubs bones, just a big old brain and eyeballs.

Or just thousands of spiders.

Not like we've actually seen under their fur before.