Elderly Ixi

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Elderly Ixi

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Image Image

The Elderlyboy has an interesting base colour, and i like how it softly speckles on his head.
The Elderygirl's hair is has a nice colour to it, and it goes well with the bsae colour. The eye colour is also a nice choice. All in all not bad.
Dying_Light07

Re: Elderly Ixi

Post by Dying_Light07 »

These are well done, but Elderly is easily one of my least favorite colors. At least they have kept their designs fresh thus far.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

The pastel base colours are unusual and not at all unpleasant, though the green shirt of the Elderlyboy clashes a bit. The blue/yellow combination of the Elderlygirl works better. These aren't bad at all, but to me they look a bit creepy for some reason.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Maybe the male looks a bit creepy because the colour's a bit close to that of a naked mole rat, and yet it's wearing clothes?

I quite like the female, even if I see Andy Hamilton every time I look at the post-revamp Ixis. The pastel yellow works well.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Jazzy wrote:...I see Andy Hamilton every time I look at the post-revamp Ixis
Heee, that's brilliant! Great, now I'll never be able to look at them the same way :-D
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Unclothed: Image Image

I love the male's scruffy cheeks. :3 And I like the subtle color variation on the fur, particularly at the male's hooves and snout. The washed out base colors of both of them are nice, including the male's hooves.

I really like both of these and I can't find any faults in them, though I do wish there was a bit more variation in the female's colors.