Dark Matter Archan & Harvester

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Runic

Dark Matter Archan & Harvester

Post by Runic »

I'll start with the Archan. I swear, if I could get one to add to my brew, I would because this is one handsome kitty!
I might in the future, when I'm not so broke and have a character in mind.

Anyways, I admire how the Archan is contemplating something...kind of makes me think of Scar from TLK, deciding how to take control of the pride. I see no issues with this guy; he fills up the canvas nicely and comfortably.
Kudos to Rah for such a magnificent beast! x3

Image -- This Harvester looks mighty nice too!

But I can't help but compare it to this:

Anyone else think these two are extremely similar in pose? I also find it weird that the DM Harvester is lacking any glowiness around the eyes.
I don't mind the similar pose, but the shading on the DM one is just too strong, imo. I prefer the soft shading on the Graveyard one, especially in regards to the cloak. The DM one is more dynamic, yes. Can't argue that. xD

It's not horrible art. I just struggle to individualize it from the GY one. P:
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Re: Dark Matter Archan & Harvester

Post by Silverevilchao »

Love the Harvester, even with the similar pose. More awesome Harvesters to choose from will never be a bad thing, IMO. :)

I'm indifferent on the Archan, as always. It's like I either LOVE a species or I'm massively indifferent...unfortunately, the Archan falls into the latter, even with its redraws.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Dang, that Harvester! It's gorgeous and flowy and it's so evil already that it's crushing Maleria's Darkmatters! I've never, ever wanted a Harvester before, but now . . .

The Archan - I like the head-trails and the expression, but it's just a muscle lion with too-big paws. I've never been a fan of Archans.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Post by RNA »

The Archan looks incredible - very magestic and powerful. It's got the dark matter under its paw like a yarn ball.

The Harvester, while it looks very imposing squishing that Dark Matter, has clothing folds that come off to me as highly improbable and stiff.
ImageImage