Bloodred and Graveyard Halloween Bonanza 2012

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Bloodred and Graveyard Halloween Bonanza 2012

Post by RNA »

Donadaks have been needing new colors. Something seems rounder about this one...
I don't like Montres very much at all and this one seems to have a bigger head than regular ones aaaand the face looks like it was twisted around to make both eyes visible. The ears too, look a little off.
The Telenine, on the other hand, is wonderfully ferocious and bloodthirsty.
The Bhakoru is a little diminuitive compared to the basic art, too. The pose reminds me more of a cat than a dinosaur.
The Xotl feels rather busy - hm, out all the pets it looks the most friendly. I like that it's leaping.
Looooove the Graveyard Bhakoru - Look at those exposed ribs.
I'm a big fan of comical Graveyard pets and the Priggle is looking suitably tragic with its missing spines. Its head looks like it was twisted the wrong way, too...
ImageImage
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Re: Bloodred and Graveyard Halloween Bonanza 2012

Post by Silverevilchao »

None of these do anything for me, honestly, but I think something about the Bloodred Bhakoru's head looks off. Like it's way narrower than usual or something. Same goes for the Graveyard - its head looks rather relatively flat.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I love the bloodred telenine and the graveyard bhakoru. Both are just what I want in a pet. The pose of the telenine is very striking and a great interpretation of the original--accurate but better. The bones on the bhakoru make me so very happy. Such attention to detail, I love it so much.

The bloodred bhakoru is good as well, good display of the head shield. And the xotl is wonderfully derpy, much more so than I would have thought could be possible on a bloodred pet, but perfect for the species.

I don't have much opinion on priggles or donadaks (it's a good donadak, I'm just neutral on the species). The montre is okay, but not my thing (although I do like the wings and the blood-tipped nose). I'm not sure if the ears are meant to be swiveled back or if they're just awkward. The detail on the chest fluff, compared to the simplicity of the eyes, is incongruous.
Image Image
Runic

Post by Runic »

THAT TELENINE. HOLY F***.
Those eyes just are....whoa. I love the eye colour and shading. The orange blends perfectly with the shade of yellow. Smart idea, and I really would love to see this sort of shading appear more often in the pet art. Absolutely stunning and draws me in to the rest of the pet. I must get one. I don't think Arcain would be too fitting as a BR Telly (still loving the DM currently), but THAT'S OKAY.

-bows down to Rah- You kill me. ;3;

-clears throat again- HOLY BHAKORUS F***.
Jill. You really have outdone yourself. The BR is just perfect for the type of dino it is (headbutter, also has anatomical features that give it a sharper edge in battle). The Graveyard is stunning; its expression is the equivalent of it flicking the middle finger to the comet that wiped out its brethren: "I'm still kicking dammit."

Wow, I'm vulgar tonight. Awesome art makes me insanely happy.

Props to seeing Donadaks in the News again! I was hoping the BR one would be updated. ^^

The Xotl...eh. Not crazy about the species. Nice art though.
The Priggle...really not liking. The idea of it losing its needles/spines is awesome, but I don't really like the head position. It's kind of throwing me for a loop at the moment.

Unfortunately, the Montre has continued to disappoint me more and more lately (except Steamwork). I just...the fur just looks to smooth for such a fearsome colour, just too perfectly kept. I wish it were more spikey or ruffled. I don't feel any threatening vibe from it, which saddens me cause I've been waiting to see this guy get updated. About the only aspect I like would have to be the wings.
Otherwise, I'm rather sad that I don't really like it, cause I used to love the species (now worried for Spectrum and hoping it won't be updated)
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I really love the Bhakorus. I made both of them immediately. For once, I actually had a couple empty pet slots sitting around and didn't need to replace or remake an existing pet!

My favorite graveyard pets are the ones that don't look pathetically mopey, like the Montre and Paralix and now the Bhakoru. Very sinister. As has been mentioned, the attention to detail is very impressive. I guess it's sort of apples vs. oranges, but when you compare it to any Neopets transparent pet... well, let's just say only one of them looks like any effort actually went into it. Its skeleton looks functional, it's not just a blob full of ribs. I like how raw and sore its wounds look, but unfortunately the redness of them makes the green skin a little too green for me. It's a little Christmassy. I might make an overlay and change the skin colour to something more neutral, probably darker.

The bloodred dino reminds me a bit of the Sheeta (one of my favorite pets that I don't actually own) and Velosotor (the only other bloodred pet I do own) in that the blood on them looks intentionally placed. I think too many bloodred pets are just covered with haphazard splotches, like they were caught out in an unexpected bloodstorm, and it looks goofy. I prefer when the blood is only on the places you'd expect it to be after the creature attacked something, whether that's its teeth or claws or head or wherever its weapon of choice is. It's more realistic, which I think makes the art more effective. Maybe that's grim, but... given the topic, I think it's appropriate.

That said, I do like the Xotl a lot even though it's basically the opposite of what I just described. It looks like it was covered in blood and then someone dropped it into water, and now the blood is washing off. Very pretty effect. I usually don't care for the two-tone eyes, but in this case I think it's cute. The whole pet is cute, which is odd... but somehow works.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.