Neo released over 700 UC pets yesterday afternoon.

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Usul_Princess

Neo released over 700 UC pets yesterday afternoon.

Post by Usul_Princess »

Around 12:30 NST 700 UC pets were unfrozen from the (hidden) neo account pound_release.....I know interest has peaked in the site, but I thought I'd post this for the sake of a significant event.

(I'm pretty salty I didn't get a certain plushie shoyru. 8) ) but the Neopound boards are a nightmare, and adopting any pet is closed (for now). It's a mess. I have mixed feelings about it. They should've done this a decade ago, and not entice the idea that UCs are still "possible". Just allow people to unconvert their pets to strip the power away from the people exploiting the game.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: Neo released over 700 UC pets yesterday afternoon.

Post by Jazzy »

It has definitely put the cat among the pigeons on the Pound Chat! I agree that there should be an unconvert option - it'd stop people trying to break into my accounts.
Ailiel

Re: Neo released over 700 UC pets yesterday afternoon.

Post by Ailiel »

I don't think Neo released them all, at least not all at once. I think someone figured out some way to find stuck UCs in the pound, perhaps from when they were still on pound_release or breik_u5. It just doesn't seem reasonable that the tileset method (generating spreadsheets of neopet image URLs with names like babygurl010101, babygurl010102, etc) could yield that many results. I tried tileset for a few hours and it was extremely boring and 0% successful, I can't imagine how many hours and time would go into that, and for what? To post a list? There must be an easier way and someone figured it out.

That's my theory though. And the person said they were going to post again on December 28th at 8 pm, if anyone wants to try! I was on Neo and on their second board within minutes but the small list of UCs they posted the second time were already gone within seconds. I have a ton of UC pets anyways (thanks to Neocolours for my love of redraws back before conversion) but still would not hesitate to adopt one in the pound. Such a wild day! And a full 12 years since conversion, crazy to think of these pets in the pound for so long.