Problems with Gender Option

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Problems with Gender Option

Post by Silverevilchao »

My Gender disappeared a while ago.

I wondered why it kept disappearing after going to "Profile", clicking on the dot next to "Female", and saving my options.

I finally did the above, then went back on the profile page.

Nada. It's as if I never picked a gender. And it's a pain in the butt. Also, a few other users don't appear to have this problem. Any idea what's causing it and how to fix it? xP
Deku

Post by Deku »

Every time you update your profile you need to set the gender again, for some reason.

I don't see why you're complaining though, it's not hard, and there is a gender thing next to your post.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

It sounds like an irritating problem, I think she has every right to ask for help. Especially if it's something that can be fixed. Sure it may not be that hard to deal with, but if it can be easily dealt with then it's good that someone brought it up.
Deku

Post by Deku »

Hm, I thought it couldn't be fixed like it was just because of the update which messed up the HTML. It's not very irritating for me, how many times do you have to update your profile anyway?
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

It is irritating especially if you have a signature you like to keep updated, either stating what a lab rat is, how much left you have to save out of x amount, or for example how many petpets you currently have.

I think though as long as you remember to set your gender each time you update it does go through okay - or is that sometimes not working too?
Joeno

Post by Joeno »

Fixed.

There's a bug in either easymod, or some other editor or patcher or whatever, that strips linebreaks from the inserted data. This caused a couple of variables related to the gender mod to all be on one line. Since the first line is a comment, the others were automatically commented out as well, and the variables to set the genders on the profile page were never properly initialized.