AG entry for peophin day. *will grovel for crits/comments*

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Yfandes

AG entry for peophin day. *will grovel for crits/comments*

Post by Yfandes »

Well I thought I would try and make a nice pic especially for the purposes of hoping to get into the AG on peophin day, which isn't for a couple of weeks granted but i was reminded by the fact its already a choice under "special days" Don't even ask why i chose a spotted peophin, I have no idea o_0

I think i'm pretty much ok about the pic but its the background that i'm tearing my hair out over...i usually just leave pics be but hopefully i'll have a better chance if i put a pretty background in. I was thinking of coral and the like in the background, maybe with a couple of neopets shells? And water, obviously. I'm dreading putting the water in....

Any tips? *begs and grovels for crits/comments*
Do you think when its finished i'll have a chance of getting in :? I know they get some pretty amazing art for peophin day.....You can be honest.[/img]
8): Laura
Current Aim: 4months+ side account to transfer pets *wills time to go faster*
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I think it's awsome and Neo would be a fool not to let you in. And yay for doing Spotted, something different :D

There are a few places with stray color outside the lines you may want to clean up. About halfway down the tail and her left front ankle-or-whatever-it-is-on-a-horse.

As for a background....erm...coral sounds nice. I really don't know, sorry.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
drablyar

Post by drablyar »

It's beautiful! But I agree, you do need a background - very few pictures get in without one. Make it simple and in soft colours so as not to show down the main focus - if you do use coral, just make it very simple and not too bright. It'd also be nice to use some hints of the colours you've already used in the background - soft touches of yellow and perhaps some red to highlight the front of his/her nose.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

Very great picture! A background and it will be perfect. Like you said, corals would look good. The only thing which bothers me : on the head, we can see that you used a program to add the little gem ;D. But it stills looks awesome.
Kuroro

Post by Kuroro »

Well, he looks very fine too me. About the background pictures, I would agree that with a background, that ones seem preferred. (Though I actually never got in.) But I feel your pain, I tend to avoid backgrounds myself.. I know they are all pretty and such, but they are so difficult to do. :|
Set by WIS!
FaeMcCloud

Post by FaeMcCloud »

Like people have said, a background would help. As for anatomy, the way the tail connects to the main body looks a bit too sharp. It's overally okay though.

Fae
Mythic

Post by Mythic »

Very pretty picture :)

For a background... I can kinda see him bathing in a sandy cove near the water's edge or something. It would mean using similar colours so the overall image wouldn't clash?

Good luck with the gallery!
Kuroro

Post by Kuroro »

Heh, I like the sandy cove idea. He looks like he is relaxing on the beach. Though, it could for the same be interpreted as swimming.
Set by WIS!
Yfandes

Post by Yfandes »

Thankyou very much for all the comments/ideas/crits :D I really appreciate it :) I've taken notice of all of them (only its a bit late for me to change the tail i think :?)

I drew out an idea with just some reeds, lil bit of pink coral and a couple of shells and it looks quite nice so i've started to colour it...I'm fairly happy with it now. I'll just have to wait and see what my scanner does to it when i'm finished :x
Yfandes

Post by Yfandes »

Sorry for the double post guys but my post was away down so i was unlikely to get any more of your fabulous assistance :P (selfish me ;))

This is the picture as i have submitted it to the AG (i'll resubmit nearer the time also) the quality is rather iffy due to the 80kb limit:

Its kinda plain, but i didn't want to detract from the peo drawing :P You can see i made a rather lame attempt at shafts of light with an eraser....ah well. It didn't look as good without them believe it or not :P
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The background is very nice! Very simple and lovely, I like it a lot! I really hope you get in ^_^ you have a very unique, nice style!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Congrats on getting into the Peophin Day AG :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Madmatica

Post by Madmatica »

Congratulations! I saw your picture made it into the art gallery. ^^
Birdii

Post by Birdii »

How do you shade with coloured pencils and croyans and junk O.O

Anyways Congtatz on the in!
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Birdii wrote:How do you shade with coloured pencils and croyans and junk O.O
You mean that your colored pencils don't have have Gradient Fill Buttons? Weird.....

Congrats on the AG, your picture definitely deserved it Yfandes.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.