Random Lupe (s)

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Float

Random Lupe (s)

Post by Float »

Here's a cartoon style lupe that I drew, c and c is more than welcome. I might add another little sketch I did later, but for now.. tada!

Edit: Not sure what you mean by fast motion, but I just ment the tail to be big and floofy. Any suggestions on how to do that better are welcome

Edit Again: The lupe thats always in my set. This is a completely different style i guess.
Last edited by Float on 14 Aug 2006 02:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Positively love the facial expression, pose and the colouring :D Not sure I get the tail - is it in fast motion?
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Float

Post by Float »

Added another lupe.

Gah I just noticed the first lupes tail is all pixelized. So is his back and ears.. I'm not gonna go back and change it, so just know that was.. unintentional.
Pants.

Post by Pants. »

I really like the first one! The expression is pretty cute, and it looks great. just one thing: is it missing some legs? it might look better with legs on both sides ^^
So. The caterpillar has emerged from its cocoon...as a shark...with a gun for a mouth.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Truth be told, it is a cute looking canine type thing, but it is not a Lupe. I see a lot of people drawing canine like things, and calling them lupes, and I don't see lupes at all in those drawings. For example, it doesn't have the whisker type things that lupes do, and just the shape/anatomy looks so completely different from regular lupes, I don't think it could even pass for a stylized lupe.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Float

Post by Float »

The first one I don't actually have a lupe with that design, I just drew it sometime and figured i would post it here as a lupe. The second i do have a lupe with that design, so I'm going to go with 'its in the eye of the beholder'.

And I don't really understand whats so different about the anatomy. I don't draw like tnt; very few people do.
Anyway not trying to be snippy or whatever, but.. yeah.

Edit: I also try adding the whiskers, other side's legs, and some other little details but it got messed up. I'll keep them in mind for the future though.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Float wrote:And I don't really understand whats so different about the anatomy. I don't draw like tnt; very few people do.
Anyway not trying to be snippy or whatever, but.. yeah.
This is true, but like I said, even when you look at many of the more stylized lupe art *la snutty's springs to mind* which are drawn nothing like TNT's art style, they still look like lupes. And honestly, your art doesn't look like lupes. They are nice canineish drawings, but I don't see lupe anywhere.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I have to agree with illuen.
I think every artist has their own style and brings their own personality to their lupe, thats why we do it, right? But I don't see much lupe in your drawings. There are certain characteristics that must be included to make something recognisable as something else.
For example, you couldn't draw a giraffe with a short neck and different colouration and expect peopel to still recognise it, then say 'But I wasn't going for realism!!!!'

Thats fine, have your own style, and if you don't care that they don't look like regular lupes, thats fine too. But if you want people to recognise them as what they are, you'll have to add more lupe features.

As for anatomy, the top ones tail looks rather bird-like, kinda fanned out, which I think is why someone asked if it was in motion (look at a photo of a dogs tail wagging, it forms a kind of fan shape with the movement)
The neck is a little long and the leg is a little far back.
The back leg has a very overly rounded prominant knee, this could stand to be a smoother curve rather than an angle and also, the stance its in is one I try and avoid for my art personally. The reason? Thats how dogs stand when they take a crap :P
Maybe its my tainted mind but I can never look at art of canines in that pose without thinking that.

I prefer the second one, though its obviously very stylised, I rather like the style.