Subeta: Hydrus Kora and Chai

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Yes the artist Rah claimed them in the news comments.
Image Image Image
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

They are, in fact, done by the same artist.

I'm not fond of the Chai, but then, it's a Chai. I never really liked them @_@ The KORA on the other hand... I really like it :D; I kind of want one. Mmmm. I don't know what it is about it, but it really appeals to me.
<3
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

Aw man. The Kora's pretty cool. I was hoping the Hydrus Kora would, in fact, have tentacle tails. Unforunately, the color of the tails is kind of flubbed...that dark brown makes it look like they were pasted on instead of an actual part of the creature. If it were done a little better, I'd probably aim to get it (you know, after getting mystical plushies and all).

And the Chai? Someone get me a vomit bag, please. Just... eeeeeewwwwww.

~X
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Xulael wrote:Aw man. The Kora's pretty cool. I was hoping the Hydrus Kora would, in fact, have tentacle tails. Unforunately, the color of the tails is kind of flubbed...that dark brown makes it look like they were pasted on instead of an actual part of the creature.
Hmm, I agree. It's the only part that catches my attention in a bad way. Maybe if they started out as the light brown of the body, but faded to the dark brown--I like that they have the same dark brown that's on the Kora's head, but the demarcation does seem a bit sharp.
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

The Chai is utterly horrid - and irredeemably bad. *shoves it behind large object*

The Kora . . . I want to like it, and I do like parts of it, very much. The eyes are lovely, and I like the concept behind the ears - I only wish the area between the spines was semi-transparent. And I dearly wish that there was much more of the blue tracery on the body. It's one of my favorite parts of hydrus pets, and I think it would go very well on a softer pet like the Kora, but instead she went that route with the butch-acting Chai.

I'm not that fond of the Kora's stance either; the poor ickle thing is about to fall over. *catches it*

And as everyone has said, the tails seem far too dark and don't really work with the rest of the pet.

But for all I've criticized it, I do like it more than not, and won't mind seeing it about the site. The Chai, on the other hand, like Twofold said, the best thing that can be said for it is that I know I won't be zapping one.

Which actually means something to me, as I've just started zapping Orotha again - for more treasure, and just to see what he turns into. Much as I <3 chibi Sheetas, there are lots of other pets I heart as well, and I might as well give him a chance to change into one of those next. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

AngharadTy wrote: Hmm, I agree. It's the only part that catches my attention in a bad way. Maybe if they started out as the light brown of the body, but faded to the dark brown--I like that they have the same dark brown that's on the Kora's head, but the demarcation does seem a bit sharp.
Well.. I was looking at the other Koras and realized that they all have that dark tails + helmet thing, but I think the problem with the Hydrus is probably that white tipping on the tails. The "helmet" frills have tan and cream, so it doesn't match the tails. It's weird. I think if they swapped that tan or white for one or the other, it would work better.

~X
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]