More forums (AaToW, RP, etc.)

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

There's a subforum mod, but there's several large problems with it:
- it really only works with subsilver, and I do plan to have other styles eventually
- it takes upwards of two hours to install
- there's no version of it for 2.0.19- the last version is 2.0.14, and the differences might mean it doesn't work at all.
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

Add me to the people who really would like Other New Features back -- we used to have topics for every upcoming theme on neopets -- Illusen day, Smiley day, etc. And topics for every editorial.

I'm really lazy. I hate having to go off to Neolodge for info on new items, and I like it if we more consistently had threads about them here.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

I liked ONF. It was kind of small, but... =/

I also like the ideas of AaToW and the writing/rp one (maybe with a cute name like "Aesthetics" got?).

ETA: Eh. And I feel very whiny and nitpicky for bringing it up at all, but I don't like Petpet matches in Aesthetics. I guess by some definition they go there, but I used to always like Aesthetics for things like... galleries, blogs, coding problems, userlookups... stuff like that.

I dunno.

Post by Guest »

I really like the idea of the gaming forum. If people are worried about spam, maybe make it so that that place doesnt count towards post count, or something? That would be a fun place, I always liked those games but I hated them cluttering up chit-chat.

I would also like A&toW back, even if it is er, under-replied. Misc is very cluttered with it.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I'd like ONF, AaToW back (though both were small), and a writing/RP/maybe games mix.

I do miss the weekly Editorial topics that were in ONF.
derp
Twisted
Location: On the run from the thought police. With a big jar of Fizzy Fish.

Post by Twisted »

Anonymous wrote:I really like the idea of the gaming forum. If people are worried about spam, maybe make it so that that place doesnt count towards post count, or something? That would be a fun place, I always liked those games but I hated them cluttering up chit-chat.
But since we have removed post count from nearby our posts-what does it matter any more? I like the no posts there count but I personally think it wouldn't matter that much since we don't see them all the time.
Returned for the moment...I guess.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Kari wrote:I do miss the weekly Editorial topics that were in ONF.
I think the reason we haven't had those isn't because the forums are combined; it's due to the fact that Uly was almost always the one who posted them, and she's on a sort of NC break now.
Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Yup- I think Ty may be right. And Twisted, I don't dislike them for the postcount so much, it's more that they're just kind of pointless :/ Some of the games are fun, but some of them- like the one where a person posts a word, then the next posts another word and so on- are just a waste of database space. Space isn't so much of an issue as it was at nc where you could actually feel the place slowing down, but it's not great to use too much bandwidth.

Incidentally, on the subject of bandwidth:
Bandwidth usage (current month) 14193.07 Megabytes
It's about a gig a day currently :) Kamil, do you have an allowance? The cpanel doesn't say.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

So long as we keep it under 50gigs a month I shouldn't have to change anything. Even if I do, it's no biggie, I'll just add another small plan or something.

Robin and I were going to give it to the end of Feb. anyway and see about how much we're using before we make a final decision about that. At any rate, don't worry about bandwidth, it almost certainly can't get out of control.

Almost certainly. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.