Subeta: Galactic Pets?

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Rustyblu

Post by Rustyblu »

Keith, cant you just change the directory name for now?
Keith

Post by Keith »

Because the color wasn't actually 'put up' in the first place. It was released on the testing server, and when the SVN server automatically moved new tables over last night, it moved this one over as well.

While I was asleep and couldn't fix it ;p
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Good Lord, we were right about the new color?

:shock:

RE: Premature Release, while I do feel bad for the people who had their pets zapped this color (only for them to turn scribble), I also understand where Keith's coming from. If I were in the staff's position, I probably would have done something similar (especially if the color release was supposed to correspond to a specific part of the plot).
Rustyblu

Post by Rustyblu »

But if you don't want it to be leaked... (even more), wouldnt it be better to change the directory so people cannot gain access to the images? and then just change it when needed?
RE: Premature Release, while I do feel bad for the people who had their pets zapped this color (only for them to turn scribble), I also understand where Keith's coming from. If I were in the staff's position, I probably would have done something similar (especially if the color release was supposed to correspond to a specific part of the plot).
I agree ^^
Keith

Post by Keith »

What... are you talking about?
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Sooo pretty! :D Can't wait for my favorite species to get this redraw!

I'm sorry it leaked Keith. But early notice really can't spoil this gorgeousness - it'll only rise the hype if it's any comfort to you. Big kudos to artists!
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Rustyblu

Post by Rustyblu »

oops its not in a directory o_O my bad :P

http://subeta.org/pets/telenine_galactic.gif

change galactic to something else until you want to release them?

EDIT: Perfect.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Aw dang. I missed seeing these images. Of course I want to be the kind of person who asks if anyone saved the images so I can sneak an early peek at them too... :P

I'm excited, though, even without seeing them. It's so cool that we really are getting a new pet color out of this. I hope it's something that's pretty easy to achieve...although now I'm wishing I'd dug for more than 15 gems. Ack.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

I understand you're upset, Keith, but I must agree with jessibean, posting RANDOMCAPSANGRY!@@#+FHAKLJFKLA: and such does seem like you're getting a bit carried away with the whole mess. Neopets has had blunders like this, as has just about every other pet site at one time or another. Consider yourself closing in on the big boys now ;)
Keith wrote:No, it's staying scribble. We changed all pets that got turned Galactic scribble.

The galactic color won't be avaible from the Pet Zapper, so she wouldn't have been able to get it that way even when it is released. So it would have been changed anyway.
While this is entirely up to you, and you can feel free to do whatever you want with it, I think this is rather unfair. It was not the fault of the players in question that the Subeta staff made a mistake. I know if I was that person, I would be upset. If you had to change their pet to something, why not just rolling it back that one zap? Make them whatever they were before they became Galactic? Seems much more fair IMHO.
Keith wrote:
And I'm throwing a fit because we spent tons of time working on this, for it to get out like this. And no one on the site 'messed' it up, it's just that when colors get put out, they get thrown into the pet zapper automatically.
Honestly, from where I sit, if they are as important as you say they are, I'd think that those involved with putting them on the test server would, before they did so, think of all the possible ways they could of been leaked from such, and prepare beforehand.

Since you said yourself you could stop colors from appearing in the zapper, why not program that into the zappers before you even put them up to the test servers? It seems to me that with more foresight, this could of been evaded (not to say you can always stop fan sites from finding these things, since that is rather impossible)
Keith wrote: edit

So, IRL.

You find a million dollars on the ground. Clearly, it was someone's fault that they left it there.

Is it yours to take, and when the police come and make sure that you give it back, it's bad business?
That is apples and oranges. The people who used the pet zapper
paid for their pet to be zapped. In most situations I know of, if a store sells someone something for less than it is worth, or sells a movie before it is supposed to come out, it is tough titty said the kitty, but the milk is still good, and people keep what they bought. If the store is insistent on getting the thing back, the least they could do is to refund the customer their money.

Just a random thought: Did you refund all of the people who zapped Galactic their tokens for the said zap? Seems only fair, since you took it away, without any reimbursement.

For those of you who didn't see the colors before they were yanked, I managed to cache them =D

Last edited by Illuen on 05 Apr 2007 04:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Rustyblu

Post by Rustyblu »

uhm didnt Keith try to remove the pictures... so people didnt see them?
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Rustyblu wrote:uhm didnt Keith try to remove the pictures... so people didnt see them?
Neopets has done the same thing before in the past, and we, in the past, have uploaded the pictures anyways. Grey Draik, Faerie Eyrie?
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Rustyblu

Post by Rustyblu »

Thats not very polite...

they obviously put a lot of effort into this.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Neocolours is predominantly a pet colour site - it's our job to find unreleased colours regardless nowadays (I assume) of the originating site.

The mistake has already been made, and just as if neo had done it now we all get to oggle the pretties and speculate on the rest.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Thanks Will.

And honestly...we're Neocolours. This is what we do: we find pet colours on the servers and talk about them and get excited, etc, etc.

Keith comes to Neocolours, and I think it's pretty great that he does. It's nice to have his voice in Subeta topics. But he is in no way in charge of what we do or say on Neocolours. It's still our forum, and we don't need to censor ourselves just because Keith visits us now.

EDIT: With that said, I really, really, really like this colour. Oh man. I can't wait to see the rest of the pets...I don't think I want to own any of the ones shown here, but based on the general look of the colour, I'm pretty sure one will be released that I'll absolutely need. The colours are gorgeous, and it's just so...serene and beautiful. Awesome job, artists!
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

Well, now I know what to paint Arseus as.
Nothing To See Here