New neopets layout

Post anything new on Neopets here.
smirkish

Post by smirkish »

WELL. I, even as a long term player of Neo, am going to quit. I sent TNT a message saying so under "error report". =.=;

READ BELOW!
-----

"Please describe what happened when the error occured:

- I got on my computer, prepared to enjoy the rest of my day relaxing...surfing the forums, selling things in my shop, possibly roleplaying or looking for bargains on the wiz. BUT INSTEAD...I get on...and you, YES, you! TNT. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? This is hideous! Please tell me that you didn't spend a lot of time on it...? Please tell me it's a sick and late April Fools joke. PLEASE?!

I am sadly going to HAVE to quit, even as a long term player, if this layout and disturbing "customised" pet art stays. So if it isn't a joke, I guess this is goodbye. PS: Having to side scroll left and right, is horrid. You could have at least gave us the option of using the site with the old layout, and keeping our old pet art. Thoroughly disgusted - Leslie (smirkish)"

-----

I am PRAYING that it's a joke. Ugh. I knew nothing good would come out of Neopets selling out. I knew they'd end up like those cutesy, disgusting, fat pets and button eyes pet sites that you play till your six and then realize that there are BETTER THINGS TO DO. Until now, Neo was a better thing. Now....not so much.

UGH. I hate the Shoyru, and my Krawkess looks like a cheap hooker giving an invisible guy a hand job. PURPLE EYESHADOW DOESN'T GO WITH EVERYTHING, TNT. SORRY!!!

-mutters and stalks off to pretend she never discovered that Neo has been altered-

<b>mod edit: please do not change the size or color of your font from the default.</b>
Last edited by smirkish on 26 Apr 2007 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Thanks Twisted for my set. ^^ And MM for meh evil wooble bunny!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Armi wrote:*unlurks*
*wishes she could find the unconvert*
I don't know if you were making a joke, but at the moment there IS no unconvert.

This is what has most people pissed. I think if the custom feature was optional most people would be OK with it.
solarith

Post by solarith »

Hrm. Odd. I just checked Quick Stock and there's a new thing in there that says "Closet". I would suppose you have to put the clothes in there to be able to use them, but you can't yet. x.x

Anyways. It would be NICE if the "dress-up" thing was just a separate pose for each color pet. So if people wanted to dress their pets up, they could have the circle pose switched to that, rather than having the new ugly art foisted on us even if we don't want it.

That way we could still have pretty redraws and people could still dress their pets up if they wanted.
Armi

Post by Armi »

Wingsrising wrote:
I don't know if you were making a joke, but at the moment there IS no unconvert.

This is what has most people pissed. I think if the custom feature was optional most people would be OK with it.
Guess I misread, but some people where showing screenshots that showed their pets with their old poses. Guess I did misread, my bad. :oops:

Ahh well, this is what I get for speed reading.
ImageImage
"Enta, my castle fell again...fix it, kay?" - Laharl
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

This is the friendliest bunch of food-gatherers ever. It's like a Neolithic society that got into the fermented grain.

After nosing around a bit, I kindasortalike the new navigation. It'll take some getting used to, yeah, but there are a slew of useful features in there. And thus far, my ad-blocker is working.

The customizable pets really need to be optional, though.

Has anyone yet been able to clothe their pets, with anything other than paintbrush accessories?
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Armi, the screenshots are for the pets where there's an option to change to the new art or keep the old one. Only a few colors have that, certain redraws where it changes a lot between them. The change is permanent and can't be reversed once you switch to the new version.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

ALL my pets are now extremely friendly food-gatherers. Um, no? Friendly, yes, but not like that.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Armi wrote:
Wingsrising wrote:

Guess I misread, but some people where showing screenshots that showed their pets with their old poses. Guess I did misread, my bad. :oops:

Ahh well, this is what I get for speed reading.
Ah, I think I know the source of confusion. There are a few pets where you have the option NOT to convert them to the new post (my Darigan Peophin is one of them) but it's only for a few colors, it's only for pets that were already that color when then site changed over, and once you switch them you can't switch them back.

At least for now. I'm still hoping this whole custom thing is made optional, but that may be wishful thinking.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Stay

Post by hebdenhippy »

Stay around for a bit longer Smirkish, you never know, if they get enough complaints they may make some changes.

I am also disgusted at the new Shoyrus though, they're my favourite pets, and now mine just look freaky, thankfully my Darigan Shoyru has been saved from the new look, but not my others. And my Gold Shoyru has no mouth!
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Quitting over the new layout isn't going to make TNT change their minds. One person quitting the site is like A small grain of sand falling on the floor. It doesn't really show up. I personally like the new layout and the art. I even let TNT know how much I liked it.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I just wrote a letter of feedback to TNT with what I hope was a civil tongue... keyboard... whatever, basically begging for a "revert back to normal" option for everyone, among other things. I'm hoping after they're swamped with the damned things, they'll implement it soon.
Armi

Post by Armi »

Ahh, thanks for the clear up on that. Alright, so I'm stuck with that. Only my Halloween Zafara has that option. =/

Least my Ogrin looks looker. :D
ImageImage
"Enta, my castle fell again...fix it, kay?" - Laharl
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

Well... I saved my customized shield I did months months ago, and left a message at my UL:
The meepits took our old site... Despair!

And saved my floating images... *shrugs* We can still make a cool HTML table inside the ULs but, we still get the character restriction... wich unables us to customize the surroundings further... That annoys me pretty bad :x All ULs good work gone down the sewer in a single swab...
Last edited by Skiler on 26 Apr 2007 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

i want to have options here! TNT did not ask us, or poll us, or anything. If TNT wants to let people dress their stupid neopets then by all means do so. But leave my neopets alone!

I liked what someone else said earlier, it should be optional. Either you can leave your pet the way it is with its normal circle pose or you can dress your pet and have that take the place of your pet. All of this SHOULD be optional, and able to be reversed at any time. some pets just look ridiculous. RIDICULOUS. i don't think i have ever been this angry at TNT ever, and i am seriously considering quitting.

Besides all this pet madness, the new layout is barely barable. I don't care how long my neofriends have been on, i don't want to see my pet everywhere i go! I DON'T want all these stupid boxes on the sides of every screen. This is just TOO much, and TNT was right, i was not prepared.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

MRBboy2005 wrote:Quitting over the new layout isn't going to make TNT change their minds. One person quitting the site is like A small grain of sand falling on the floor. It doesn't really show up. I personally like the new layout and the art. I even let TNT know how much I liked it.
Reading about, both here, on Neopets and on various other petsites, though, not only one person is quitting, many are feeling angered over the change and are leaving the site regardless. Besides, whoever said it was to make a statement? I'm sure these developments and changes will simply not make the site enjoyable for many players, to the point where there is no reason in carrying the game on. It may sound extreme, but some people's pets have been ruined, and the new look can make navigation extremely difficult for those with slower connections.