Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

Kidnemo wrote:Hee, I never rush through my games, I've had it since Wednesday and I'm about to do the first Gym later, x]

Who's in all your current squads? Or will we have a separate thread for that?
Currently I have Infernape, Empoleon, Torterra, Alakazam, Raichu, Staraptor, and Raichu... The latter three will probably get axed as I try and figure out a good E4 team.
Anyone have suggestions for that, by the way? I'm kinda tempted to bring in Dialga and just let the rape commence, but I dunno... If only I had my precious Starmie. ;_;
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Prinplup, Staraptor, Ponyta, Onix, Luxray and Lopunny is my crew right now. I'm probably going to only keep Empoleon and Luxray for my final team.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I have Empoleon, Ponyta (one more level and I'll let it evolve), Luxray, and I'm training up a Bronzor, but only for capturing. That thing is wonderfully indomitable, but my battle style is always, always for sweepers. ^_~ I adore Empoleon--there are so many things that are ineffective against him! Muahaha. Mine's slow, though. But I'm making this team for fun, not for perfection--I've done perfection, and it just makes me antsy. Counting EVs is not something I ever want to do again. ;P
Image Image
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Hey, guess what I caught? DRIFLOON!!! Huttah! The most awsome Pokémon ever, and its a female as well! Who doesn't like it? Besides that, I have Charap the Chatot, Doka the Croagunk, Infry the Infernape, Moda the Quagsire (HM Slave) and some Japanese piece of Gengar I've been training. I'm about to go up against the leader in the icey town place. May I just say, the snow there goes up past your nose sometimes. Up to your hat. In real life, I doubt I would be moving, let alone living.
Hehe. Driff leveled up, Doka evolved.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I have:

Twiggy the Torterra
Golemma the Golem
Darkwing the Crobat
Shinxia the Luxray
Bida the Bibarel
Soragami the Staraptor

SQUEE!
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

I don't know wether I should evolve my Piplup, since it learns Metal Claw at 16, I want it to learn Hydro Pump, which it learns at 43, as opposed to 59 for its later evolutions. Suggestions?
Nothing To See Here
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

My team isn't that impressive, but I'm working on gathering Eevees for an Eeveeolution team.

Prinplup
Leafeon
Eevee (soon to be Umbreon - keeping it @ level 1 until it loves me)
Luxio
Bidoof (HM slave)
Grotile (also HM slave, because he came with some)
NyauNyau wrote:I don't know wether I should evolve my Piplup, since it learns Metal Claw at 16, I want it to learn Hydro Pump, which it learns at 43, as opposed to 59 for its later evolutions. Suggestions?
Evolve if you want a steel-based attack, since it's the only one it learns. Or you can just teach it Steel Wing via TM later.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

Hoorah! I beat the Elite 4 tonight!! Was a very close match though, I had Infernape and Azelf (who was just cannon fodder, really) left... Flare Blitz is a lovely attack.
Now to unlock the Pal Park and get some old Pokemon! And hopefully make a better team. >>

Edit: So, now that I've beaten the game and have the Pal Park... Are there any Pokemon that are in Emerald or LG that anyone really wants? I'll be happy to grab stuff if it's feasible enough. Just let me know in the thread or PM me or whatever.
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

My current crew is Grotle, Luxio, Staravia, Ponyta, Buneary (just as an HM whore) and shellos. I don't know if it's staying this way, but th eGrotle, Luxio and Ponyta are at least here to stay and probably the Shellos cause it's so cute.

And as soon as I open pal Park, replace one of those with my precious gardevoir ;_;
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

o_o You guys are fast. I just beat the second gym..x_@
Nothing To See Here
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Hehehe I haven't gotten to far. Just been playing off and on. I just now got my first gym badge not to long ago. ^_^" I"m pretty behind but I got my stragety guide so I shall go faster! Plus I got into work early tomorrow and have a few hours to wait before I start so I shall do some serious playing then. I'm loving this game so much, eeee!

Right now my team is a magikarp (I must have my gyarados..slowly but surely), prinplup, staravia, luxio, kricktune and onyx.
The team shall change once I get more pokemon and keep ones I like more or will do me more good. I'm very picky when it comes to my pokemon too. I also must name all of them, I just feel more attatched to them when I name them and gives them more personality.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Me too, Nyau. Work and school and chores and all sorts of stuff have made it damned near impossible for me to play D: I've been playing waiting for the bus and on the bus, lol XD I'm also only at the second gym.
<3
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

NyauNyau wrote:o_o You guys are fast. I just beat the second gym..x_@
Me too, mainly because I've come down with some aggrivating head-cold...plus I've been looking for Wifi hotspots. I have not been sucessful. :(

I so far have a team of Luxio, Monferno, Budew, Staravia, Kricketune(only there for HM purposes), and Kadabra. I fear that level 20 is kinda sad for my team. They can however kick major arse on their own, and without loosing even less than half a quarter of their HP, or even when I'm just screwing around. :P
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

Mine are from 14-18, my current party being Piplup, Bidoof, Starly, Magikarp, Budew, andd Shinx.

Im trying to see if I can level out my pokemon evenly, so I can always have one to count on, when needed
Nothing To See Here
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

What I wanted to do this gen was train as many of the new pokes as I could, since my other first run games have ended up with parties with half being old gen pokes, and that's kind of sad. This is giving me trouble since there aren't that many new pokes in comparison to the old. Bah.

I need a metal coat D: But for now I'm gonna take some nyquil and zonk out after picking my berries.