Frontpage and all that

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Joeno

Post by Joeno »

That's because I failed to update some paths a while back.

It has been fixed, but the scripts that recreate the RSS feed run only when new colours are being detected, which no longer happens during the weekend. I'll force one now, and it should no longer be a problem from now on.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Okay, I finished a very basic layout, quite simply a DIV, Table, and a style sheet based around this banner.

What are we going to do about the front page? Are we going to hold a more official contest for the front page? Or are we just not going to worry about it for now?

I guess I'm just impatient to see the site be pretty. x)
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Aww, that's lovely.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Oooh, I like it too. I think the logo needs to be a bit more colorful. Different coloring for each letter, not quite pastel, but light enough for the U to stand out. It looks like dried and wet blood at the moment, which isn't necessarily bad.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Huggles wrote:Oooh, I like it too. I think the logo needs to be a bit more colorful. Different coloring for each letter, not quite pastel, but light enough for the U to stand out. It looks like dried and wet blood at the moment, which isn't necessarily bad.
I love it too, you did a wonderful job, Tiel. Very shiny!

And, heh, I'd noticed the fresh/dried blood coloring too, and I actually like it; I'm thinking of it as subliminal advertising. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I really like that banner Tiel, though I'd like to see what it looks like with each letter a different colour.

Still very nice =D
Deku

Post by Deku »

Ooh, I love that, but it's a bit...bloody :P LIke Huggles and Jamie said, something a bit more colourful would be better, but it's still great as it is.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Tiel's is great, but I know I would love for a layout that is similar to the original one to be avaliable, simply because I am so used to Jazzy's banner that I'd feel weird seeing something else :3
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

If we do bring my banner back, I'm going to update it slightly first- not much, but you've no idea how irritating it is to see random blank pixels in it when you know you still have the layered file for it and can't do anything about it :P

Oh: also, the new layout should not be too graphically intensive. Ideally, we'd have a small banner, and things like dividers would be made out of HTML and not images. Right now, we use a gig of bandwidth a day- we can increase that to a gig and a half or so before kamil has to change plans, which I'd like to avoid if at all possible.