Lab pets not changing colours properly...

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Helmcargh

Lab pets not changing colours properly...

Post by Helmcargh »

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but my lab pet (Thorboni) has changed colours twice since the revamp and yet some of his images haven't. Currently his pictures on my lookup and his petpage are as they should be, but in the battle dome and other places he is still appearing as grey.

I sent a bug report but I've had no reply or anything. Anyone else seeing this?
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

You need to visit the customisation- load it up and then all your pet images should update. I think this is the solution. It also leads to a way to make your female pets not all eyelid and eyelashy.
Neopets wishlists: here
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

Hmm, so you mean go into customisation, play around a little, put your pet back to its normal image and save changes??

The battle dome image is still grey... I refreshed all my other pets as well just in case.

Maybe its because I didn't convert my grey gelert after the revamp and then it changed colours? I'm not sure. But thanks for the help :P
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

How can I make the eyelashes go away on my female gnorbu? It's driving me nuts.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I haven't been able to properly test it, but it might be worth a try. You'll need the lab scientist opponent, though. If we can confirm it works then those of us with labs might volunteer to adopt and do the change for those who haven't.

Fight the lab scientist BD opponent to change gender to male. Go into customisation, and the pet will have no eyelashes. Make any other changes you like until you're happy with the final appearance, then save the changes. Then change gender to female using the lab scientist. Don't go into customisation again, unless you want the eyelashes back.

I'm not sure it will work, though, having tried the reverse with my lab pet, currently a cybunny- and the non flash images weren't updating anyway. Might be worth a try, anyway.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Going into customisation and fooling around hasn't fixed my lab pet's color x_x And I've tried a few times. I don't care too much, since I like brown more than glowing xD But it's still a bit annoying..
Adelayde

Post by Adelayde »

My Xweetok, Nerugui was zapped from green to Cloud last week, and everything has changed except the image on my user lookup.

Not really a terribly big deal, but annoying nonetheless. Futzing with the customize option yields no results. :/
Bif

Post by Bif »

Fight the lab scientist BD opponent to change gender to male.
How does fighting the lab scientist BD opponent change gender? I haven't heard of this before. I am now very curious.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Just fight him. Eventually, he'll use some sort of weapon that changes your pet's gender. It usually works within the first few tries.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Yeah, I've had a couple of lab pets not change to their new color, no matter how many times I changed their backgrounds around. I dumped two of them in the black hole that is the pound to make new Hissis, so I don't know if they'll ever change to their proper color. Assuming they aren't pound stuck, it'll be quite a surprise to the new owner when the pet they adopted as green is actually cloud, and that their new orange pet is actually glowing. >.<

One would think, since no one was sitting around tapping their toes waiting on this, that they wouldn't have released it until it worked properly. Especially since they are, in theory, a large corporation with many resources at their disposal.

One would think, but one would be quite wrong.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

The problem most thinking persons have is that they usually assume that others think, too, because to the thinking person thinking seems like the most natural thing to do. But alas, it is not.
LΟL
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

daisybell wrote:I haven't been able to properly test it, but it might be worth a try. You'll need the lab scientist opponent, though. If we can confirm it works then those of us with labs might volunteer to adopt and do the change for those who haven't.
I just tested gender change via the scientist. My male ruki changed to a female: I don't see any "eyelashes" (do female rukis have eyelashes?), but she now has the heavy eyelid look... on her customization page and lookup. Everywhere else she continues to show up looking like a male, even after I clear my cahe. :?
Kally

Post by Kally »

daisybell wrote: Fight the lab scientist BD opponent to change gender to male. Go into customisation, and the pet will have no eyelashes. Make any other changes you like until you're happy with the final appearance, then save the changes. Then change gender to female using the lab scientist. Don't go into customisation again, unless you want the eyelashes back.
I decided to try with my female foster Ixi, Kaisti. I battled the Lab Scientist and made her male. He still had eyelashes after the battle so I went into the customization added a blue background and saved it. That got rid of the eyelashes so I went back in and removed the ugly background and re-saved. No eyelashes, huzzah!

I went and fought the Scientist again until he turned her back to female and she is still without eyelashes.
I switched her to the active pet to see if that would have any effect, but it hasn't so far.

So I suppose it works as long as you stay away from the customization after. Good call Daisybell!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, my Jetsam (lab-adopter eventually) changed to orange over a week ago, and I'm seeing him/her as blue everywhere except a few places (specific pet lookup and places where the old .gif image is used are orange)...but I like blue better so I'm not complaining. It's definitely a bug in the new system though.

As for gender changing with the Lab Ray Scientist...it's been one of my old tricks especially when I was labbing my male Eyrie, whose attitude befits him to indeed stay male. I can also specify the lab-adopters' genders when I find someone who wants them but wants them a different gender.
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

My pet has just changed to its appropriate image with no help from me, so thats nice....it may have been trying the customisation procedure but I used that about 24 hours ago and its just started appearing differently... so I'm not sure.