Advent Calendar, Y9

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Re: Advent Calendar, Y9

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Another wearable today, and I don't really see the point. Last time I checked, "wearing" perfume didn't actually mean carrying the bottle around; wouldn't it have been better as a Grooming Item?

There seems to have been a wearable every other day so far. I know they're excited about V2, but I can't help but worry that we might be missing out on other cool stuff.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Dollfie
Human Avatar: 227963

Post by Dollfie »

I was quite shocked to see the wearable was just the item. For some reason I *knew* it would be a haze or something around the pets and even when it loaded I just kind of waited stupidly for the rest to appear. Pretty disappointing but oh well. The animation was cute though. Very Pepe Le Peu.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:Another wearable today, and I don't really see the point. Last time I checked, "wearing" perfume didn't actually mean carrying the bottle around; wouldn't it have been better as a Grooming Item?
It is a grooming item. It's a wearable too. Dual purpose items are a fairly recent thing (see last week's editorial) but they make sense. The only disadvantage is that if it's wearable, it's going to be much higher priced for its rarity than if it was just furniture, grooming or a toy, which is not good for collectors of those items.

I don't use grooming items on my pets very much so I'd rather it was wearable too than just grooming.
Neopets wishlists: here
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Here I was hoping that with the expressions finally back, we'd have an item that'd give you a "funny" expression when you put it on.us
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

thelonetiel wrote: The other day, did anyone else look at the Shenkuu rush ornament and think "Thank God, TNT is finally giving us some jewelry!" only to have it be not wearable, but the pointless surfboard is? TNT, for crying out loud, release some items we might actually use long term!
Yes, I thought that, too.

Don't get me wrong, free wearables are nice, but I wish we'd get more free wearables that I'd, you know, actually use? Especially jewelry! Give me jewelry! Some backgrounds would be nice, too... I'd like some good winter ones. I dressed all my Neopets up for winter and ended up putting starry backgrounds on three of them because none of the ones I have look good with hats and scarves and I'm too cheap to spend 90k on three copies of the ice caves background. :-)

For that matter, I wouldn't mind some more variety in hats and scarves... particularly a scarf that doesn't look stupid on Eyries.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Many of the wearables have been rather too specific, instead of being more general items which aren't necessarily Christmassy- although the Advent Calendar is a great way to release wearables, they can't do other seasonal wearables in the same way, which will lead to an excess of Christmas/winter items. And there is a big shortage of jewellery- I thought the Borovan badge was going to be a wearable, and the Shenkuu ornament thingy. We have had a variety of different things, though, at least- not seven sets of wings or three hats etc.
Neopets wishlists: here
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

The only think with any kind of necklace..it ends up looking crappy on any pet with a ruff or mane, like the Eyrie for example. :\ which would probably make any kind of pin hard to place, especially if they put it on the layer the necklace stuff goes on to..which sucks, really.
Image Image
ImageImage
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Goldenchaos wrote:The only think with any kind of necklace..it ends up looking crappy on any pet with a ruff or mane, like the Eyrie for example. :\ which would probably make any kind of pin hard to place, especially if they put it on the layer the necklace stuff goes on to..which sucks, really.
The thing is, it doesn't HAVE to look that way... look at the Pirate Eyrie's necklace, it looks great. (Sadly, it's not part of the PB clothing, or I would totally have gotten Pirate Eyrie with my FF quest rather than Island Aisha.)
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Yeah, I really like my pirate eyrie's necklace:

Which is good, because it doesn't come off!

I second the need for more jewellery. That's about the only thing I want to put on my pets -- necklaces, maybe bracelets, and perhaps some kind of hat (or better yet, crown -- I may have to paint some of my pets royal just for the accessories). I'm not a big fan of actual clothes, or of the trinkets. I'm just glad none of the advent stuff has been animated, because I hate that.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Yeah. If it came off I would totally have painted her Pirate, since I could keep it though color changes. But I want to be able to lab her again eventually, and getting a multi-million paint job just for an earring didn't seem cost effective. :-) Este totally needs earrings and a GOOD looking necklace.

I actually like some of the trinkets... I have a ficus tree on my garden-loving pet, and I really like the Anubis fountain, for example. I think the trinkets can give a lot more depth to the backgrounds, when they go with the backgrounds. But a lot of them seem a little pointless. I suppose if you have a pet that loves surfing or perfume, though...
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Yeah, I saw the trinkets on your pets, and they looked pretty good. They're not animated, which helps a lot. I mostly just hate the damn animation on all the NC mall stuff. My pet stands completely still -- I don't need a distracting clockwork thing flapping above his head!
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Okay, I got two green apples. What gives, TNT? (I glanced at the neoboards and apparently it's supposed to be Roast Ham and Branched Antlers. I guess this is what I get for going just after midnight?)
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

That happened to my friend yesterday (she got apples instead of the perfume and shelf) at 10:30am NST, so it's not just a "right after midnight" thing. Weird glitch.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I actually thought for a moment that the antlers could have been nice, if they would have showed up on your pet as just that: antlers.
But every customation item with neopets needs to look as if you are dressing up your pet, so in this case also there is a big brown headband present, making it look completely ridiculous on all pets.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Yeah. That headband is pretty stupid looking. Even it if were just a bit thinner, but no.

The ham makes me happy. One more gallery item~
derp