Possible Otter Revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Jessyta

Post by Jessyta »

Sunwolf wrote:Maybe if the Ontra was revamped in the style of Alexander?

Luxe posted this on Subeta:

"I`m sorry, but the possibility of an Alexander Ontra revamp is not going to happen. That artist is no longer on staff, and we do have artists capable of drawing Ontras on staff who are willing to work with your requests."

So perhaps if people specifically said what parts of Alexander they like, the artist could revamp their revamp to include them?
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I'm not really fussed either way, as I've never cared for the pet enough to own one and I doubt that'll ever change, but I do think the head of the new one is really bad. The forehead is way too tall for its width, and the teensy-tiny muzzle makes me twitch.

And should I mention that it took me forever to figure out that what I'd taken for a sprig of grass or wheat in its mouth is instead chest hair? And now that I know it's hair, all I can see there are boobies. x.x

So maybe going back to the way the old pet held its front paws might be in order?

I'm fine with the new expression, but I suspect if it changes this drastically those who aren't may never get over it as it is quite a big change.

And that's all I've got. *goes back to not caring what happens to this pet*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Boobies for the lose!

Ehehehehe. But srsly, no. Forehead is too big, the eyes too small, the expression is wrong, the muzzle is weird, and the hair on the joint connecting its left leg looks completely out of place.
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

The muzzle is far too small for its head. Does it subsist on plankton or termites or something?
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Honestly, I think this revamp is kind of awful. And I've voted for the revamp version in every poll since I've been on Subeta. It looks like a gangly, spotty teenage boy. I never particularly liked the old Otter either, but that was mostly because the art was so old and outdated. The new one completely lost the soft innocent appeal of the old one. I'm sure they'll put up another version soonish, though. In the meantime, I voted for the old one.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The new one seems like a gangly teenager instead of a soft youngster. But I like it better, even though I'm in the minority here. It's just better art, I guess. I still don't like the otter as a whole--it's not a pet I'd ever get. My opinion doesn't matter that much. =)
Image Image
Keshi

Post by Keshi »

o3o ohmy

Um yes guys i WILL work on fixing those things for the otter! I do listen to everyones opinions and think they should all be taken to account despite how harsh some may be.
I drew this before the galactic otter.. thus meaning i improved while drawing the galactic xD

Thanks for everyones honest opinions, even the harsh ones~!
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Keshi wrote:o3o ohmy

Um yes guys i WILL work on fixing those things for the otter! I do listen to everyones opinions and think they should all be taken to account despite how harsh some may be.
I drew this before the galactic otter.. thus meaning i improved while drawing the galactic xD

Thanks for everyones honest opinions, even the harsh ones~!
And see, I loved the galactic Otter, as did most people here, I think. So I'm sure you'll be able to make this one into as pleasing a pet as that one is.

As well, the thing about us? When we say something nice now you'll know we really mean it. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Not really big on the Otter..err Onthra so I'm not really worried about the turn out of it. I do like the newer one, it is better art wise. Though I do like the expression on the face of the old one a lot better. Also now that you guys point it out, the forhead does bother me too. The fin on the tail seems a bit off. I can't really put my finger on it, I think the way it is with the tail. Hard for me to put into words, I just know I like the way the fin on the tail of the old one looks. By looking at the galatic otter version, it improves on those points so if the final version looks like that, I think it'll be good. And I must say good job Keshi!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Keshi

Post by Keshi »

I am working on keeping the old expression, i guess it is what made the old otter as popular as it is (though it isn't too popular)
Also fixing the fore head, eyes, fluff and tail

|D Some of these people are lucky i can take crits very well though
Thanks once again guys o3o
Rah

Post by Rah »

Sunwolf wrote:I've never seem a Poll revamp that was canceled in favor of the original version, after all.
Actually, that's not true :) The kora revamp was cancelled, as the old one won out over the new one, and the old one is still there currently.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Rah wrote:
Sunwolf wrote:I've never seem a Poll revamp that was canceled in favor of the original version, after all.
Actually, that's not true :) The kora revamp was cancelled, as the old one won out over the new one, and the old one is still there currently.
What happened with the Feli revamp, then? Out of curiosity.
Jessyta

Post by Jessyta »

Mayhem wrote:
Rah wrote:
What happened with the Feli revamp, then? Out of curiosity.
It's being reworked again due to some issues with the pose.

It will be repolled.
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

The new poll is up:

I dunno, something about the fur tuft on the new revamp still bothers me, even if it's not so boobilicious. Maybe just sideboob-y.
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!
covet

Post by covet »

For me, part of the problem is the size. The old otter was a cute little creature with biiig eyes and a biiig tail. Stretching him out so he's proportionate kills an awful lot of his cutes.

Personally I think the body should be smaller, and possibly even in a different position, as the whole laying back with legs akimbo just bothers me. I think the head should be rounder and I'd keep the black colour of the eyes rather than making them blue.

I voted for the old version again. The new has better art but is an uglier pet, unfortunately. It would be nice if it could have more detail yet retain its charm.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris